Pride over April Break Anyone?

Poohbeck

We just got back from our first cruise. We were on the Valor 4/17 - 4/24 and we LOVED it. We are considering another cruise next April vacation, but, since we are from CT we are looking to save some $$ on airfare and find a port closer to home. The Pride out of Baltimore seems to fit the bill. I just have a few questions some of you may be able to help me out with.

• The Pride looks smaller than the Valor, so will we be disappointed stepping down? Will there be as much to do?
  • How is the first day at sea? We were not big fans of sea days since we seemed to feel the movement a LOT, so, leaving from farther up on the East Coast Atlantic I was wondering about ship movement.
  • Is it warm enough for the pool on the first sea day?
  • How far do you get on the first sea day? Are you in Florida already? I LOVED the GPS tracker in our room and on the Promendae so we could see where we were.

Thanks so much!

Poohbeck

We just got back from our first cruise. We were on the Valor 4/17 - 4/24 and we LOVED it. We are considering another cruise next April vacation, but, since we are from CT we are looking to save some $$ on airfare and find a port closer to home. The Pride out of Baltimore seems to fit the bill. I just have a few questions some of you may be able to help me out with.

• The Pride looks smaller than the Valor, so will we be disappointed stepping down? Will there be as much to do? I have never sailed the Valor, but the pride was nice. There were plenty of activities to do for folks of all ages. We never felt bored. My vacation was a vacation for relaxation so I wasn't looking for much to do but there were so many thing that I wanted to do and attend after I read the Fun Times ...and I did most of them.
  • How is the first day at sea? We were not big fans of sea days since we seemed to feel the movement a LOT, so, leaving from farther up on the East Coast Atlantic I was wondering about ship movement. The first sea day is not bad....we sailed past Cape Hatteras and that was slightly rocky, but nothing that was overwhelming to us. This was our first cruise, so we didn't know what to expect but it wasn't to the point where we swaying back and forth. For the most part....we didn't feel like we were on a ship...kinda like a big hotel sitting on the waterfront.
  • Is it warm enough for the pool on the first sea day? April is a hit or miss month for Maryland. You could get lucky and have 85 degrees, like we did last week, or get 69 degrees like it was the week before. You never really know about April until it's within forecast range.
  • How far do you get on the first sea day? Are you in Florida already? I LOVED the GPS tracker in our room and on the Promendae so we could see where we were. You don't get to Florida until Wednesday. Sunday is departure day, Monday and Tuesday at sea, Wednesday Florida, Thursday Nassau, Friday Freeport (leave between 1 and 2pm) and Half day Friday, Saturday at sea and return in Sunday.

Thanks so much!

Poohbeck

HI PoohBeck,

I am not a "Seasoned Cruiser". I have only sailed once, but it was on the Pride and we live in MD. So I will try to answer your question as best as I can. My answers are in red....I hope that helps!

HI PoohBeck,

I am not a "Seasoned Cruiser". I have only sailed once, but it was on the Pride and we live in MD. So I will try to answer your question as best as I can. My answers are in red....I hope that helps!

Thanks so much CoolWaters. Do you know when you actually start hitting the warmer Florida seas? I know your first port is on Wednesday, but when do you hit Florida?

Anyone else out there. Anyone just back?

Archived