Today is my lucky day!

I promised the wife that we'd skip cruising and do Disney for our annual vacation next year, but yesterday she decided she'd rather go on another cruise!

So happy, and so is my 4 year old who said he'd rather go to the big boat then Mickey's house.

We did an Easter on the Glory in April (HMC, San Juan, Grand Turk, St Thomas) and a "kinda" Western on the Freedom in April 2010 (Ocho Rios, Key West, Grand Cayman).

Sailing out of Florida for sure since its so cheap to fly to, and we'd like to try a new ship and itinerary.

Any suggestions? In the early stages of planning but will likely put my deposit down in the next few weeks.

Do you have a preference of eastern/western? You can't go wrong with the Dream, it's fabulous!! Not sure what time of year you are cruising but late May/early June is before a lot of the summer crowd....love that ship!!

I would wait until they announce some more of the changes for 2012 which should happen in the next two weeks.....

A couple septembers ago, we did a 4 day cruise on the Sensation out of Port Canaveral. The other 3 days of our vacation we went to Universal Studios. If you want the best of both worlds, think about doing this. Except go to Disney World.

Excellent decision!!!! Disney is so overrated!!!! One trip ought to be enough for anyone!!!!! I've never gone, but you won't catch me at a theme park!!! Nope, don't like me and if caught in Orlando or California I would be everywhere else BUT the theme park....Even my niece, at 10, wasn't super impressed with Disneyworld when they went there in 2007.

Cruising is so much more fun!!!

i love both. primarily cruising now that ds and dd are 22 and 19 now. i would consider a four night cruise out of port canaveral and three nights at disney.

. . . Any suggestions? In the early stages of planning but will likely put my deposit down in the next few weeks.

Are you open to any suggestions beyond the CCL brand?? (Your post didn't say, and I thought I might be able to share a few dates/itineraries, at good prices, I've recently researched on other lines).

Are you open to any suggestions beyond the CCL brand?? (Your post didn't say, and I thought I might be able to share a few dates/itineraries, at good prices, I've recently researched on other lines).

Yes, we enjoyed our two CCL cruises but I would be open to sailing with another line, as long as they have quality activities for my kids who will be 3 and 5 next year.

The Legend out of Tampa offers 4 ports of call ( Grand Cayman, Belize, Cozumel and Isla Roatan) and is a great value for the money. We have also found that flying into Tampa -vs- some of the other Fla port cities, is also a little cheaper (at least from Indy) You could add a day or two to visit Busch Gardens and Adventure Island, not quite Disney but still a good time. :)

If you're interested, the Holiday Inn All Suites Busch Gardens offers some great room and ticket packages that include a free park shuttle. The hotel also offers the " kids eat free program " Here is their link if you want to take a peek http://www.histampa.com/

Archived