Transatlantic

fas64

It looks as if they are sending the Carnival Miracle over to Europe.

From my post in our transatlantic roll call:

Carnival Miracle might possibly be going to Europe.

According to The Balearic Port Authority, the Carnival Miracle is scheduled to be in Palma de Mallorca during November 2012. It lists the port right before and after. It looks like it will be someplace in Italy with the code of MSN going to Palma de Mallorca. After Palma de Mallorca, it will be going to Barcelona.

If you translate the page to English, click on cruises on the left, under Traffic and select dates in November 2012, such as Nov 1 - Nov 30.

Direct link to the schedule

http://www.portsdebalears.com/25.php3?idioma=esp&puerto=4&diainicio=1&mesinicio=11&anyoinicio=2012&diafin=30&mesfin=11&anyofin=2012

Edit: The port of Monaco also has calls listed for the Breeze in Oct 2012.

http://www.ports-monaco.com/docs/planning-croisieres-2012.xls

Edit2: The Miracle also does not have the full 2012-2013 itinerary up. This might be it.

We did the TA on the Carnival Freedom April 2008 and it was great, and we have been looking at doing another one for April 2012 and would love to do Carnival again.

I am surprised that Carnival are not sending more ships to Europe as RCCL have got 13 ships in Europe this summer.

We did the TA on the Carnival Freedom April 2008 and it was great, and we have been looking at doing another one for April 2012 and would love to do Carnival again.

I am surprised that Carnival are not sending more ships to Europe as RCCL have got 13 ships in Europe this summer.

Carnival is sending the Miracle to Europe, along with the Breeze. See my post in the main Carnival board:

Miracle to Europe; Breeze Inaugural June 3

Carnival is sending the Miracle to Europe, along with the Breeze. See my post in the main Carnival board:

Miracle to Europe; Breeze Inaugural June 3

Thanks

Do you have any idea of the date of the crossing?

I am also very surprised by this. Hopefully by 2013, there will be two Carnival ships in Europe offering different itineraries.

I just read an article today saying the cruise lines may have overestimated the demand for European cruises, at least for 2011. The cost of airfare to Europe is apparently way up because of fuel costs, and it is reducing demand. That being the case, I'd be surprised if cruise lines were planning on increasing their presence in Europe in the near future.

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/CRU-EUROPE_5012741/CRU-EUROPE_5012741/

I read something last week that said up to 80% of the people cruising in Europe were infact from Europe and that they are spending a higher daily average than the Caribbean cruises, that said who know whats really is going on but I dont think that RCCL would have 13 ships in the Med if the demand was not there along with Princess, NCL, Costa, P&O and all the others.

Archived