Falmouth

Has anyone expressed their disappointment with the Falmouth Port?

If so, did they get any results??

I'm not looking for any type of compensation.

I just want to express my disappointment in RCI calling on a port that is a complete construction zone, with no shops or food choices.

I am sure it will be a great port once it is complete, but feel that RCI should have waited until the port was atlease partially complete before visiting it.

Having been there in February, when it was even more of a construction site than it is now, I can say that most of us who ventured off the ship had a terrific time. Every port is what you make it. Our day in Grand Cayman was the worst on any of my five cruises, and RC agreed, giving us a refund. Please give Falmouth a chance and be open-minded, you may be pleasantly surprised. But if you go in hating it, I guess you will have a bad day. If you do a search of the many Falmouth threads here and on the port of call board, I think you will find there is an overall satisfaction with Falmouth. There seems to be a group that just hates Jamaica no matter what, a group that hate Falmouth no matter what , and a lot in the middle, but mostly positive.

Happy cruising !

I agree with the above poster. We just got off the Allure on Sunday. We had a great time in Falmouth. We did the plantations tour through the ship. We were able to shop in Rose Hall shopping area after seeing 3 plantation houses. We had a great time. Then we shop a little by the port. I would go there again. This was my first time in Jamacia.

There are plenty of places to eat in the area outside the port gates, yes they are basic, but really authentic, you will not find a TGIF but good local food yes.:D Give Falmouth a chance, the locals are very welcoming :)

We were hoping to find Jamaican cuisine in Falmouth...are there really no restaurants???

We had a wonderful welcome and send off on the pier below from a local marching band and other workers and street vendors at the port. We also received a commemorative guide book of historic Falmouth with drawings of various dwellings and their history. Took a stroll around the dock area and city. It will be pleasant when finished if the vendors and taxi drivers outside the gated area tone it down a little. I heard several times "Five minutes and they go back on the ship." Well yes if your going to look at us like were from Mars and approach us every thirty seconds to buy something or go somewhere we are going to want to go back to our beautiful, amazing cruise ship. Not surprised by all this though having been to Jamaica many, many, many times.

No simply you can not, taxis are not given access to Rose Hall shops, thay want a captive market direct from the local hotels and from the port.

You have to leave those shops in the same way that you arrived, your free transfer to RH cannot be used as a cheaper way to get to Mobay.

Many have tried and failed :)

Does anyone know if you can get a taxi at Rose Hall shops to MoBay?

For those who have been to Falmouth on the Allure already, what time would you recommend to plan to be met for a private excursion? The ship officially arrives 10 AM. Thanks.

Does anyone know if you can get a taxi at Rose Hall shops to MoBay?

We will be coming into Falmouth on the Allure in June. We will be meeting Phillip from Phillip's Country tours who will be taking a large group of us to MoBay. We have used him two previous times in Jamaica and highly recomend him. Here is his web-site: http://www.phillipcountrytours.com/

For those who have been to Falmouth on the Allure already, what time would you recommend to plan to be met for a private excursion? The ship officially arrives 10 AM. Thanks.

We did a ship sponsored tour to the plantations (same tour as Read52 posted above) and we easily disembarked and met our tour guide pier-side at 10:15a.m. I would say you could safely schedule a private excursion as early as 10:15. If you wanted to give yourself some padding, 10:30a.m. would leave you plenty of time.

By the way, we LOVED our day in Jamaica. The Jamaicans we came in contact with were all warm and welcoming. I have visited Jamaica many times and am always happy to return. There are many beautiful places to see in Jamaica. I look forward to returning to Falmouth in the future when the port is truly up and running. Even in its current unfinished condition, I thought Falmouth was a fun and festive port stop. :D

Archived