Entertainment Info?

mister exec

My wife and I are considering cruising on the Quest for our first Azamara cruise next March. One of her biggest questions is what kind of entertainment do they have each night.

I would appreciate it if some of you previous Azamara cruisers could share examples of the entertainment they offer and how it compares to Royal Caribbean and Celebrity cruise entertainment on their much larger ships.

• 2 weeks later...

The entertainment on Azamara is much more like cabaret type entertainment rather than big extravaganzas. We just got off of the Journey after doing a back to back cruise. On the first cruise we had a flautist and a singer. The flute player was very talented and presented a nice show. The singer, Bruce Parker, was fabulous and we really enjoyed his show. Each gave one performance and then they had a split billing. The other nights were performances by the cruise director, Eric de Gray, and the Azamara Singers. Eric was wonderful and we had a great time when he performed.

On the second cruise, the flute player returned and they had a different singer. Due to other things going on, we did not make any of those performances. However, we did make sure and catch Eric's performances as we had really, really enjoyed those. We have found the cruise directors on Azamara to be very talented performers.

Other entertainment onboard included a singer who performed up in the buffet each evening. He was very good. Also, there is a harpist who performs in the Discovery Bar each evening.

As you can tell, no big productions but nice entertainment. No complaints from us.

Archived