Bikini Wax?

I frequently give myself a Brazilian with Veet hair remover but I so badly want to try waxing because of the longer lasting effects but I'm petrified...obviously the pain but also because I'm plus sized...any other non-model shaped women out there get this done???

I frequently give myself a Brazilian with Veet hair remover but I so badly want to try waxing because of the longer lasting effects but I'm petrified...obviously the pain but also because I'm plus sized...any other non-model shaped women out there get this done???

I'm what I like to call a curvy woman, don't let that stop you from trying it. The first time is always the worst, but as you get it done on a normal basis it's not bad at all. Plus the result is soooo worth it! I swear by them!!! so does my husband ;).

• 2 weeks later...
I have been hooked on the Brazilian for years! It feels so nice and squeaky clean. Mine doesn't hurt at all. I HIGHLY recommend strippless wax! Much better than the traditional wax and well worth the extra cost! I wouldn't have it any other way.

Can you explain the stripless method? First time I've ever heard of it.

The gal I've gone to is herself a plus-size which eased me for my first visit - but after that first visit - I've gone to other places (while on vacation) and it's no big deal after the first initial time (as far as what to expect, ect.) You'll do fine and do help assist by pulling taunt your skin if they require it (which they should if you are plus size - as I am too). Take something for pain an hour before visit if you think it will be too painful for you. I don't anymore but I do sit with some crushed ice in a ziplock on my lap at home afterwards. Also - be sure they apply or leave you with some cream to put on before you get dressed. Thinking back - I had no idea what a Brazilian was and that's what I had paid for - imagine my suprise when areas were being stripped of hair I had no idea hair grew at.:eek:

You need to grow out your hair to at least 1/4 inch before they will wax. Hated the stubble growth afterwards but they were right - it grows back finer.

Feel clean - cool - and sexy - oh yeah - sexy!

Don't know if any of you are interested, but I came across this article that claims to give a "pain free" bikini wax. The gal that reviewed it seemed to think it worked. I'm not sure if cut and paste on a link will work on CC but here it is:

http://www.stylelist.com/2011/06/02/pain-free-bikini-wax/

If that doesn't work, type "Strip Tease: Finally a Pain-Free Bikini Wax" into your search engine. It's an interesting article. I'd be curious if anyone has tried it...??

• 3 weeks later...

Travelwise ..sorry for the long delay.

Strippless wax is a different type of wax that is thicker and when it cools your esthetician simple removes the wax and hair w/o using cloth. This is the only type of bikini wax I ever had. Apparently, according to my esthetician, most use the strip wax because it is quicker and one can go faster, removing larger sections of hair. THus, resulting in more pain for the client!!! Strippless wax apparently takes more time, but I find it sooooo worth it. I highly recommend finding an esthetician who works with strippless wax.

• 3 weeks later...

I think I'm doomed.

When I got married I went in for a leg wax and brazillian. The legs hurt but it was tolerable however as soon as I got home I still had to shave because I had tons of short stiff hairs that the wax couldn't remove.

She did the bikini part first and it was miserable but I tried to press on. She did the top area and there was no way I could go on, it was intolerable. I was bleeding, it sucked.

I also have trouble with shaving :( Shaving my legs always itches and burns and shaving anywhere else down there causes pain, red bumps (like everywhere, not a few), bleeding, itching, and severe irritation for weeks. I also have constant ingrown hairs.

It SUCKS!

I think I'm doomed.

When I got married I went in for a leg wax and brazillian. The legs hurt but it was tolerable however as soon as I got home I still had to shave because I had tons of short stiff hairs that the wax couldn't remove.

She did the bikini part first and it was miserable but I tried to press on. She did the top area and there was no way I could go on, it was intolerable. I was bleeding, it sucked.

I also have trouble with shaving :( Shaving my legs always itches and burns and shaving anywhere else down there causes pain, red bumps (like everywhere, not a few), bleeding, itching, and severe irritation for weeks. I also have constant ingrown hairs.

It SUCKS!

have you tried a electric razor for you legs. I use a normal blade and a electric depending when i shave. I will often forget to shave in shower. the electric works great. but I also can go a month without shaving my legs and not look like chubaka . I have fine thin hair on my legs.

have you tried a electric razor for you legs. I use a normal blade and a electric depending when i shave. I will often forget to shave in shower. the electric works great. but I also can go a month without shaving my legs and not look like chubaka . I have fine thin hair on my legs.

I tried several years ago but it didn't give a close shave. I have black very coarse hair so stubble is super obvious (I'm also glow in the dark white). I can't even go 2 days without shaving if my legs are bare. I really shouldn't even go 1 day but I say screw it.

Archived