Cruise upgrade epic

Lefty1

i received a cruise promotion on any norweigan cruise for 2 - its an inside cabin but i can upgrade for a smaller fee to balcony, which i plan on doing - would like some reviews on epic as it looks like beautiful ship - or any other recommendations of ships would help

thank you.

That's a fairly broad question, but I'll give it a shot. I assume you'll be cruising NCL, so I'll work from there.

First, if I had a free cruise on Epic (or any other ship for that matter) with a small fee to upgrade to a balcony I'd jump at the chance.

We'll be on Epic again starting Saturday for the second time, so we definitely like it. If you like a variety of entertainment, multiple dining options, the freestyle approach and the innovative/interesting design features, Epic will probably suit you. If you're looking for a more traditional feel, lots of quiet areas, a wrap-around promenade deck and Vegas style song/dance shows Epic might not be the best fit.

What do you look for/expect on your cruises?

yes its a promotion i received for any norweigan cruise ship so i was really looking at epic - i live in ny but would prefer to travel to florida and leave from there. the promotion was inside but definitely can use it and apply upgrade which i would like to do for a balcony room or maybe higher - we are thinking of february of 2012 to the eastern caribbean - was just curious about the rooms, food and how the chair capacity is to sit on deck during those sunny days.

yes its a promotion i received for any norweigan cruise ship so i was really looking at epic - i live in ny but would prefer to travel to florida and leave from there. the promotion was inside but definitely can use it and apply upgrade which i would like to do for a balcony room or maybe higher - we are thinking of february of 2012 to the eastern caribbean - was just curious about the rooms, food and how the chair capacity is to sit on deck during those sunny days.

Ok read my EPIC Epic review. Its long you can scan but it will highlight the main points. The only thing I haven't figured out was how to download pictures but there are so many websites with pictures. In fact this website is worth perusing

http://beyondships.com/NCLEpic-Tour-1.html

We got a balcony room I think the lowest category about 208sq feet. Just lovely. There were 3 of us and it was plenty big enough. The balcony is the way to go. I don't think I'd want to cruise now without one. The constant view was priceless.

Now if you could, upgrade to a suite of some sort and really splurge. When will someone hand you a free cruise again? Unless you are that lucky kind of person.

As for deck chairs. Well I think that will depend. We went during a very busy time. Yes it was crowded, chairs are just piled up one ontop of another. But we always found one. The last sea day was hard...we looped around and around then poof there were 3 open!

I have also heard you can ask a pool person/staff to get you a lounge and then they will find you a place. My advice, the sports deck had some loungers and plenty of room for more and it is right over spice h20's bar and the adult pool!

Archived