Oasis/Allure vs. Disney Dream???

Babyberger

Okay, has anyone sailed on both Oasis or Allure and the Disney Dream? We have sailed on RCI Freedom and Oasis and will be sailing Allure this year. But we are considering the new Disney Fantasy (the Dream's yet to be released sister ship) for our 2012 cruise. Traveling will be myself and DH, my two little ones who will be DS (9) and DD (7). We live in south FL so go to Walt Disney World quite a bit and not sure if a Disney cruise would be too much Disney.

So do we book Allure for a second time or jump ship to the Disney Fantasy?

I would love to know this as well. We've sailed with DCL on the Magic and Wonder and quite love those ships. RCI does have some things on their ships that Disney doesn't offer. Looks like it might be a good bet for teens (which we have). They are comparably priced. I can't decide whether to stick with something we know and love (Disney) or try something new. lol.

I finally found some helpful reviews....here is one that helped me really decide.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1370475

Of course never having sailed Disney, I truly cant compare, but I know the RCI product and highly recommend it. I figured the best decision maker was the kids, because if the kids are having a good cruise, the grown ups are having a good cruise :D So I simply asked them what they liked best about Oasis and cant wait for on Allure....three things...mini golf, H2O zone, and ice skating....Disney lacks all 3, so our decision was kind of easy. Not to mention I really am not thrilled the reviews of the kids camp on Disney recently.

I finally found some helpful reviews....here is one that helped me really decide.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1370475

Of course never having sailed Disney, I truly cant compare, but I know the RCI product and highly recommend it. I figured the best decision maker was the kids, because if the kids are having a good cruise, the grown ups are having a good cruise :D So I simply asked them what they liked best about Oasis and cant wait for on Allure....three things...mini golf, H2O zone, and ice skating....Disney lacks all 3, so our decision was kind of easy. Not to mention I really am not thrilled the reviews of the kids camp on Disney recently.

I don't disagree about those tangible factors, and we've been on Liberty of the Seas which has all those 3 things. We don't live in Florida and a visit to WDW and a cruise are 2 vacations to us. A DCL cruise sort of kill 2 birds with one stone in our case. On the Dream yes we missed the H2) zone and the ice skaing. But we loved the firework, the characters, Disney shows, Castaway Cay, Aquaduck, Pelican Plunge, more characters, Mickey's slide, sail away party, pirates of the caribbean night party, not to mention free soda, unlimited alcohol bringing onboard, split bath, etc. Having said all these, I don't mean to say we don't like RCL. My longer term plan for 2013 will be back to RCL again, I hope. :D Product is different. Experience is different. To us, they are all good.

Archived