Depart in Mobile fly out of New Orleans

arpie05

I am just wondering on people's thought on the earliest flight I should take from disembarking out of Mobile.

It is over $200 more per person to fly into Mobile (could be why no more cruises???) We'd planned to drive the 11-12 hours to Mobile but not sure I'm up to it.

I don't mind the 2-3 hour drive to fly out of New Orleans. What do you think would be a safe time to book a flight for?

It takes me 2 - 2.5 hours to drive to New Orleans from Mobile depending upon the traffic. If you haven't booked yet I would also look at flights from Gulfport, MS and Pensacola, FL. Both would be a closer drive than New Orleans and many times they are cheaper.

Thanks Donna. Yes, I have tried the other surrounding airports - going so far as Jackson to look for a decent airfare. it is not happening. But haven't given up hope. Just the thought of driving 12 hours to port is not on my bucket list! :p But to save $600-700 (less car rental - I can't take my car due to insurance restrictions - and gas) I will do it.

I'm having a hard time finding a hotel with airport pick up for just in case I can find a flight for $300 or less PP.

I drove 11 1/2 hours each way and got off Elation last Saturday. I drove it by myself, and while I was tired it wasnt that bad.

I stayed at the not lovely but perfectly adequate Mobile Bay Adventure Inn downtown for $59.99 because it had $5 a day parking.

If you park at the port, even with your rental, its $16 a day.

Thanks Fire. I have done the drive to Mobile and Nola each once. I will prob drive. I willl check this hotel. I have a reservation downtown for $90 at Hampton. Also looked at something by the airport for $75 but then i have to pay for shuttle.

Archived