Radiance Alaska cabin 9014 Southbound?

I've booked a 2012 Alaska Southbound cruise (Seward to Vancouver) on the Radiance. I have cabin 9014 and 9016 reserved right now. (There will be 4 of us). These are portside balcony cabins, far forward. Can anyone give me some feedback about these? I trust that the view will be totally unobstructed? And I figured that the port cabins would be a good choice, since we're going South. However, I read one Cruisecritic post that said the port cabins on this ship were better on NORTHBOUND cruises. I realize that we will be sailing the inside passage on part of the itinerary, so both side should get good views then. But I figured that on other days we would face the land side (though maybe not close enough to see anything). Any thoughts about these cabins? Thanks a zillion.

We had 9012 on Brilliance (same class) and view was great. Well forward of lifeboat canopy. Easy to view bridge crew when they are operating from the flying bridge above. Only downside we saw to the location was it is a long ways to Centrum.

As for Port/Starboard and direction the only difference we saw on our Alaska cruise was the chance to see higher mountains to the east versus islands to the west. But due to the overwhelming chance of clouds obscuring the mountains the view was pretty much identical from both sides. If it happens to be very clear then stretches such as near Juneau might have slightly better view on port side when going south of hifher peaks behind the first row of smaller mountains along the shore.

Archived