CC Emails

dmk

What does everyone think of the new Cruise Critic emails? Before the emails would have one of the replies to a thread that I've subscribed too.

Now I receive emails that say" Don't miss anything! Please visit the above thread to view the newest messages that have just been posted!"

I really preferred the content of the emails that used to be sent. What say you all?

I agree, too! Now there doesn't seem to be a reason to bother opening the email - it's simply a flag, or signal that there's a new post on a thread to which I'm subscribed...

Jill

I totally agree!

Much of the time I get these emails on my phone and used to be able to read the post from the email. Now it forces you to click on (one of the many) links included which is worthless on my phone. When and IF the post appears on the phone it's a pain in the aft to read it on the small display.

In light of all the issues lately I think this is a step in the wrong direction.:rolleyes:

Joel

Thanks, Larry. I will shut off the emails. i really find them quite useless, now!

Perhaps, one of the Hosts can tell us why they changed the email notifications.

Could someone help me to unsubscribe my email notifications?

I have tried it through my User CP?

I have tried individual threads but they no longer offer to "unsubscribe"

Could someone help me to unsubscribe my email notifications?

I have tried it through my User CP?

I have tried individual threads but they no longer offer to "unsubscribe"

1. Go to the thread listing of all your subscribed threads (Quick Links; Subscribed threads).

2. At the right edge of the listing each thread has a box to check. At the upper right corner of the listing is a box to check all the threads listed on that page. Check it or the threads you want to change your subscription on.

3. After doing steps above: At the bottom right corner of the listing there is a box with a drop down menu that lets you either unsubscribe or change the email notification options on the subscription of the selected threads.

I hope the above makes sense to you.

• Administrators

Just a "tip" that you can do a daily subscribe to your fave threads; those DO have the text to all posts.

Laura

What does everyone think of the new Cruise Critic emails? Before the emails would have one of the replies to a thread that I've subscribed too.

Now I receive emails that say" Don't miss anything! Please visit the above thread to view the newest messages that have just been posted!"

I really preferred the content of the emails that used to be sent. What say you all?

i say bad decision. they are now useless and pointless. trying to stop them but they keep on coming. now trying to direct them to spam....

I totally agree!

Much of the time I get these emails on my phone and used to be able to read the post from the email. Now it forces you to click on (one of the many) links included which is worthless on my phone. When and IF the post appears on the phone it's a pain in the aft to read it on the small display.

In light of all the issues lately I think this is a step in the wrong direction.:rolleyes:

Joel

even trying to access this site by phone or Blackberry to check on the update greets you with pages and pages of junk to scroll through with the new header up top with all the drop down boxes.

It sounds like some of you don't do any shortcuts.

First of all I have my subscription options set to no email updates. I keep it that way unless there is a specific thread I want to get updates to ASAP. Otherwise when I check CC when I want to and otherwise I don't need junk in my inbox.

Second, I have two main starting points for CC that I keep as bookmarks on my computer and even as shortcuts on my iPhone. One goes straight to the Celebrity Forum. The other goes straight to my subscriptions so I can check for recent messages on subscribed threads. If I use those shortcuts I go straight to the board listing and don't have to go through any junk or other links. If I want to see the other board forums I either navigate from one of my bookmarked pages or use another shortcuts that goes to the boards home page. If I'm getting close to a Caribbean or Europe cruise I often set up a shortcut to the appropriate port of call boards too, then remove it later.

And that's how a CC addict like me navigates to my favorite CC forums and messages quickly.

Just a "tip" that you can do a daily subscribe to your fave threads; those DO have the text to all posts.

Laura

A big thanks to you and all of the Cruise Critic team for listening and returning the instant notification emails to there previous format!:)

These emails have on at least several occasions allowed me to pick up desirable cabins when someone has left one open due to cancelation or upgrading. It's much easier to read these posts in email format on the small screen of a mobile device.

Joel

Archived