Theme Nights

:confused: Need some help with these theme night dinners. Do people really get into these themes and dress up or is it treated more like a casual night? There is a rumor that our cruise will have 4 different ones and I wasn't planning on packing for costume parties! HELP!!

I have not seen a large participation in theme nights- usually if it is an island night, about half the passengers will be wearing an Aloha shirt or the like. If I'm traveling somewhere tropical, I just pack a tropical sundress that I would take anyway and hold out on wearing it until I determine which night is designated as a theme night and then wear it that evening.

Don't stress about it too much. It is really not a big deal.

I haven't heard of any cruise line doing theme nights for at least 5 years. Because of the limits on luggage and the airlines, cruise lines realized that doing theme nights just didn't work. They used to have 50's sock hop or country/western nights, but that stopped a few years ago. About the only "theme" I've seen recently was Island Night when you wear tropical clothing like Hawaiian shirts. The only theme night I've seen recently on RCCI is the island one where you wear tropical clothes to dinner and then to a party at the pool at around 11pm.

Archived