VICTORY-Excursion question??

msgirl1

On the Victory sailing on the Southern Itinerary...do you really need to book with the popular tour companies in advance? (Ex. Cosol in St. Lucia, Sunny Liston in St. Thomas, Shasa or Cool Runnings in Barbados). We would really prefer to wait and see if we can join a tour the day of..need advice. What's best? :rolleyes: Also, torn about excursion in Barbados, would love to do the turtle swim, plus, Harrison's Cave, anybody done both?

On the Victory sailing on the Southern Itinerary...do you really need to book with the popular tour companies in advance? (Ex. Cosol in St. Lucia, Sunny Liston in St. Thomas, Shasa or Cool Runnings in Barbados). We would really prefer to wait and see if we can join a tour the day of..need advice. What's best? :rolleyes: Also, torn about excursion in Barbados, would love to do the turtle swim, plus, Harrison's Cave, anybody done both?

First of all it depends on the number of ships in port and how lucky you feel. With these new ships now in service. They have so many pass. that it makes it harder to book the popular tours

I'm booked for a Jan 2012 Victory tour and Have got all but one tour booked. One stop had to go to second choise for the tour was all ready booked .

Paul

254 days to go

I always book tours in adavnace as in alot of these independent tours the grus tend to small usually no more than 15 so you are really takin a risk by not booking ahead of time. In Barbados I did harrison's cave with glory tours which was great . We got the island tour which included also included a stop at the animal reserve.

we book in advance for some tours. however, when you get off the ship there will be many vans, tours guides or taxis. we have also just waited and negotiated a private tour with one of these guys. before going, get an idea of what you want to do and the price usually charged by the major tour companys.

we did the Harrison Caves, animal reserve and turtle swim excursion which we booked in advanced ..not thru carnival. not impressed with animal reserve but loved the caves and turtle swim.

Loved our Victory cruise....have done it twice and would do it again in a minute if the airfare wasn't so high.

I book ahead of time if I know the tour group I want to be with. We went on the Victory this past February and Shasa and Cool Runnings were both full that day as were 2 other tour companies. I put my name on a waiting list with the one I really wanted to go with and luckily someone canceled and I was able to take their place. :D

Archived