Anyone who recently traveled to PV what time is it?

Mesmeralda

I'm sure this topic has been beat to death already but I want to hear from someone who recently travelled on the Splendor, with the new itenaray change, who can tell me what time did you arrive in Peurto Vallarta?

The time listed on my intinary is 9:00am. I've read and talked to a person and have gotten conflicting reports.

PVP says that is PV time

Los Veranos says the ships have been coming in at 11:00am.

The forum says we're an hour different from ship time. Sometimes before sometimes after.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Can someone who recently took the 7 day Mexican Riveria Carnival Splendor cruise strainghten this mess out for me....please.

We are sailing on Splendor this month. I was also told 1100am arrival in PV . 2 hours difference in PV, but Cabo only one hour difference from ship time.I am also confused but thats what I was told.

We are sailing on Splendor this month. I was also told 1100am arrival in PV . 2 hours difference in PV, but Cabo only one hour difference from ship time.I am also confused but thats what I was told.

I anxiously await your report. Like I said my pvp told me 9:00am, as published on my itinerary, was PV time but the lady at Los Veranos canopy tours said the ship gets in at 11:00am.

Your problem is that cruise ships play this silly little game they call "ships" time which is whatever the Cruise Line, Captain and Cruise Director decide is best for the ship. We have seen different ships do different things. If your ship stays on Pacific Time you will have to add 2 hours to ship time to get PV time. If your ship goes to Mountain Time you will have to add 1 hour to ship time to get PV time. And if your ship decides to use Central Time then it would be on PV time. By the way, Cabo is in the Mountain Time Zone and one hour behind PVs Central Time.

Hank

Your problem is that cruise ships play this silly little game they call "ships" time which is whatever the Cruise Line, Captain and Cruise Director decide is best for the ship.

So has anyone a clue what 9:00am arrival time? ship time, PV time :confused::confused:

My PVP says PV time but I think it's a ploy to confuse me to buy excursions from them...

We do live in PV for much of the winter and watch the cruise ships come and go from our balcony. It is rare for a ship to arrive after 10am (PV time). Now, to try and be helpful I just checked the latest edition of the PV Mirror which is a weekly English paper we get for free in PV. It shows that on May 5 the Carnival Splendor is scheduled to be in port from 9 am to 10 pm....and this would be PV time. I guess you can assume that your cruise is on the same schedule.

Hank

We do live in PV for much of the winter and watch the cruise ships come and go from our balcony. It is rare for a ship to arrive after 10am (PV time). Now, to try and be helpful I just checked the latest edition of the PV Mirror which is a weekly English paper we get for free in PV. It shows that on May 5 the Carnival Splendor is scheduled to be in port from 9 am to 10 pm....and this would be PV time. I guess you can assume that your cruise is on the same schedule.

Hank

Thanks Hank this is VERY helpful. I would appreciate it if you can keep an ear open for future Splendor cruise ships coming in, what time they come in. I can't afford to get my schedule wrong when my wife and I get to PV.

Again thank you very much.

I have had the same question, I think for the same reason...booking with Los Veranos. BTW Los Veranos told me the ship comes in at 9am so much for consistent info. I've been watching the webcams and it arrives 9am PST (usually closer to 8:30ish)...which would be 11am in PV so I booked the 11:45 time just to be on the safe side.

I have had the same question, I think for the same reason...booking with Los Veranos. BTW Los Veranos told me the ship comes in at 9am so much for consistent info. I've been watching the webcams and it arrives 9am PST (usually closer to 8:30ish)...which would be 11am in PV so I booked the 11:45 time just to be on the safe side.

Yes good I thought I was the only one...Did you book the Zip lining and ATV tour or just the Zip lining?

Yes good I thought I was the only one...Did you book the Zip lining and ATV tour or just the Zip lining?

We are just doing the zipline with a pickup at the downtown office. We did this in Oct. 09 and it was a blast.

We are just doing the zipline with a pickup at the downtown office. We did this in Oct. 09 and it was a blast.

The more I think about it I'll probably just book through the ship for peace of mind...I haven't found the answer I was looking for yet.

The more I think about it I'll probably just book through the ship for peace of mind...I haven't found the answer I was looking for yet.

Finally some confirmation from another thread:

I was on this same cruise. We stayed on "pacific time" the whole time. We didn't change any clocks forward or backward. The time in port was different then the time on the ship. Cabo was 1 hour ahead of ships time and PV was 2 hours ahead of ships time . So in PV our excursion left the pier area at 9:15 but it was 11:15 PV time. I hope you aren't confused yet. ;):)

Keep in mind that you should never use a cell phone as a watch while you are in these ports as the time isn't the same as the ships time!!

I was on this same cruise. We stayed on "pacific time" the whole time. We didn't change any clocks forward or backward. The time in port was different then the time on the ship. Cabo was 1 hour ahead of ships time and PV was 2 hours ahead of ships time . So in PV our excursion left the pier area at 9:15 but it was 11:15 PV time. I hope you aren't confused yet. ;):)

Keep in mind that you should never use a cell phone as a watch while you are in these ports as the time isn't the same as the ships time!!

Thanks! I have been watching for an answer and yours matches the one Carnival gave me. Hope it doesn't change on our trip cause I booked a tour there.

Thanks! I have been watching for an answer and yours matches the one Carnival gave me. Hope it doesn't change on our trip cause I booked a tour there.

I've been watching the webcams vs. PST and this confirms it finally. Have a GREAT trip!

Wow ok I just called Carnival and the lady told me that the Ship adapts to local time. So if it says we arrive at 9:00am then that's 9:00am local time. I told her that there are many conflicting comments on this and she "guaranteed" me that hers was a true statement as she had been on this particular cruise frequently. So please someone who has recently been can you clear this all up?

Wow ok I just called Carnival and the lady told me that the Ship adapts to local time. So if it says we arrive at 9:00am then that's 9:00am local time. I told her that there are many conflicting comments on this and she "guaranteed" me that hers was a true statement as she had been on this particular cruise frequently. So please someone who has recently been can you clear this all up?

I truly believe it's a SCAM to make clients purchase excursions from Carnival..sad...I've called people from PV and they said the cruise ships get there about 11:00 am not 9:00am.

My PVP told me the same thing about being there 9am PV time...

I wonder if we got a name would there be any legal recourse for mis information.

See post #13 above which came from the link below. They sailed 5/6.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1412393&highlight=splendor

I think the people in the office don't really know what happens on the cruises.

See post #13 above which came from the link below. They sailed 5/6.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1412393&highlight=splendor

I think the people in the office don't really know what happens on the cruises.

Post #13, above, does not indicate when the ship actually arrived in Vallarta. It confirms that the time difference between ship's time vs. Vallarta local time is now two hours.

Can anybody who has been aboard Splendor since Mazatlan was dropped please report what time, local time, Splendor actually arrived in each port?

Post #13, above, does not indicate when the ship actually arrived in Vallarta. It confirms that the time difference between ship's time vs. Vallarta local time is now two hours.

Can anybody who has been aboard Splendor since Mazatlan was dropped please report what time, local time, Splendor actually arrived in each port?

I've also been watching the webcam and the ship is usually in the PV harbor 8:30ish PST, 10:30 CST. I PROMISE to post a clear time table when I get back to help others, I've spent quite a bit of time trying to figure this out.

I truly believe it's a SCAM to make clients purchase excursions from Carnival..sad...I've called people from PV and they said the cruise ships get there about 11:00 am not 9:00am.

My PVP told me the same thing about being there 9am PV time...

I wonder if we got a name would there be any legal recourse for mis information.

I think you are right, I just called Carnival again and was told exactly what you are saying. The ship time doesn't change but PV is 2 hours ahead since we will be on PST and they are CST. So two people and two completely different answers. Oh well no stressing, I'm still cruising in 3 weeks :p

Exactly it's good to have this forum to get and share information like this so people don't get caught with there pant's down.

All in all it's about VACATION & RELAXATION.

I just got confirmation from another forum from someone who just got off this cruise. PV is two hours ahead of ship time so whew now I can relax haha. Enjoy :)

Archived