Birthday and celebration decorations

Can you bring your own birthday/anniversary decorations and ask the room attendant to hang them?

We are 4 families traveling on Freedom on May 29th. Originally this was my 50th birthday gift to me :D, and I invited the rest of the family to join us. As it turns out, when choosing the cruise date to fit all families we ended up not only with my birthday celebration but also my brother-in-law's 50th birthday and brother/sister-in-law's wedding anniversary within the cruise dates. I had thought of ordering the room decorations to surprise both of them (and ordering one for my room, too), but at $32 each, I had to re-think this idea. (Also, I ordered the anniversary decorations last Christmas on Serenade and they were not what was advertised. I would be affraid of having the same issue this time.) I have seen some decorations at a local Party City that I can get for $10 each kit. Can I bring those and ask the room attendant to hang them (and tip him/her, of course)?

Yes or hang them yourself. Having attendant do it might be difficult due to occasional language (and culture) issues but I can't imagine they would not be willing to help. But keep in mind that on embarkation day they are very busy and have already worked hard for the changeover.

We (OK, my sis-in-law) decorated the door of my parents' cabin for their 60th anniversary. Doors have an advantage becasue you can stick things on with magnets. We had the whole door covered with photos from the whole span of time.

Inside it might be best to not use celophane tape (aka Scotch tape) because it sometimes does not come all the way off. Take some 3M On-Command tapes and the cabin attendant will really appreciate that. Be careful with mylar and other balloons if in balcony cabin becuase if outside door and hallway door are open at same time they could get sucked out and violate the rules for nothing overboard. Anchor them extremely well.

Archived