Brand new to Princess! Aft cabin questions

BethCarp

Hello everyone! I'm a big big fan of Royal Caribbean, but am jumping ship over here to cruise with some friends. Very excited to try out Princess!

Not being very familiar with the deck plans and such, I have some question about aft cabins. I know on Royal Caribbean the aft cabins/balconies vary by class. We are sailing on Sapphire Princess. Right now we have cabin A746 and our friends have A751. We are on opposite sides of the terrace pool. If I change to the cabin right next door to theirs (A749), is it possible to open up the balconies? Are the balcony sizes true to plan? The outer cabins there look to have smaller balconies. And still smaller than the cabins on the side of the ship. On RC, the big draw of the afts is the larger balcony size. If these truly are smaller, I'll probably prefer a side cabin.

Also, are there any noise issues with these cabins? It looks as though there's a sun deck directly above. Are we going to hear scraping of deck chairs early in the morning?

These cabins are in a great location!! The ones closest to the pool have a slightly larger balcony than standard side balconies. Do a search for Diamond A746 and there should be some good photos from DanJ.

I'm not completely sure weather there is an adjoining door between these two balconies as these are

different than most other aft balconies.

I know on the Ruby we were in aft balconies on Baja and they all had adjoining doors, but as I said Diamond and Sapphire are a little different.

Archived