Price of coffee?

momofmeg

Coffee is free at breakfast and in the MDR in the evening on Caribbean cruises. Not sure about at other times of day as I don't drink it then. They do offer fancy coffees at the bar such as espressos and cappuccino and they are an extra charge.

I'm sure someone will be able to tell you if coffee is available at other times during the day.

MSC have recently announced that all cruises will now include free tea and coffee

The innovations MSC Cruises is rolling out across the fleet from the end of April are all designed to make an MSC cruise even more fun, more varied and more flexible than ever before.

Complementing the elegant dining experience of MSC’s waiter service and specialty restaurants, guests can now dip into lighter, casual dining at their leisure, with the buffet restaurants introducing an evening service with no fixed sitting times, so they can dine exactly as and when they please.

That could be the ideal spontaneous dining solution before or after a Spa treatment or visit to the ship’s theatre. Or following a day-long excursion. Or after irresistibly endless fun, games and sunbathing in the outstanding leisure facilities on board.

And of course it’s a dream come true for kids and teens, who generally prefer, short, informal feeds - preferably on impulse and as frequently as possible. They’ll be over the moon to discover that MSC’s buffet restaurants will be extending the wide choice available to include fresh pizza without charge and whenever they want, each and every evening of their cruise!

Meanwhile, their parents won’t just be relieved to hear these are wholesome, genuine Neapolitan pizzas, but as soon as they set eyes on them, they’ll want a slice, too. What’s more, guests will be able to ring the changes, since many of the ships in the MSC fleet will be complementing their pizzas with a choice of genuine kebabs - all also offered as a courtesy snack throughout the evening.

But that’s not all. MSC is in addition making it even easier for guests to slake their thirst as soon as it strikes, with complimentary American coffee, teas, iced water and ice available not just during breakfast and buffet dining, but 24 hours a day.

Hope this helps

Shell

On the Melody I'm seeing people walking around with American coffee cups throughout the day so I can only guess the new policy is already in effect. However, if you crave real coffee you have to get it at one of the bars. Espresso is €1.30 plus 15% surcharge, or a total of €1.50.

thanks to everyone

-yes Melody I love the expresses-but being American I also must have the morning coffee-even if it tastes terrible-just to wake up.

If MSC line offers a specialty coffee card, I will be purchasing it-I love cappuccinos!

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if they treat Caribbean and Med differently, but I just got back from Poesia in the Med and they don't serve coffee at dinner in the MDR. If you want it you can either pay at one of the bars or serve yourself in the buffet restaurant where ithere are 24 hours machines for regular coffee, teas and water.

Archived