Liquor store near Ft L Pier?

VTMOM59

Is there a liquor store near the Ft Lauderdale pier? I want to buy wine, one bottle for each of us to take on board Freedom. But we are flying in from PA and I don't want to pack it in my checked luggage all the from PA! We are taking the shuttle from airport to pier - I had already booked then and then realized we would like to buy a bottle of wine! Help!

Cancel the shuttle and use a cab - there is a Total Wine near the pier. You can call in or send your order on-line and it will be waiting for you when you come in, so the process should be very quick -- it needs ot be because the cab meter will be running! :eek: Normal cab from FLL to Port Everglades is about $15 - it will be $20+ with a quick stop.

Good luck! :)

Is there a liquor store near the Ft Lauderdale pier? I want to buy wine, one bottle for each of us to take on board Freedom. But we are flying in from PA and I don't want to pack it in my checked luggage all the from PA! We are taking the shuttle from airport to pier - I had already booked then and then realized we would like to buy a bottle of wine! Help!

There is a Publix and Total Wine at the Harbor Shops located on 17th St, which is really close to one of the port entrances. Your shuttle driver will know of this location and several others nearby.

You also have the option of pre-ordering wine from Bon Voyage to be delivered to your stateroom. Yes, it will cost a bit more in dollars but you will save the time & hassle of stopping, making room for the bottles, securing the bottles from breakage and also having to carry the wine onboard. Plus, you can buy as many bottles as you wish, not just the carry-on limit of 2. One of the decent reds we like in CCL's selection is the Campo Viejo Crianza Tempranillo. The retail on land is $12 and CCL charges $24. Not too bad of a mark-up considering CCL charges the same (or more!) for several lower-quality wines that retail for under $8! :eek:

Once onboard you can also purchase bottles of wine from the Formalities Shop, to be consumed anywhere on the ship. The drink coupons sold by BV can also be redeemed toward bottles wine. One full sheet equals $23, with tip included! If you redeem 1 sheet for the $24 Crianza, for instance, you'd pay the $1 difference, plus only 15 cents gratuity. The "rest" of the gratuity is already built into the sheet of drink coupons. Hope that makes sense! :o

Happy sailing!

Archived