How do you get a table for two?

The only way to really guarantee it is to sign up for MTD.

I beg to differ here. We requested a table for 2 for our cruise on the Monarch and that's what we got. Even when DH decided to change our dining time to late seating, we still got a table for two. Granted, it was truly a 4-top but it was just the two of us the entire cruise....just as we requested.

1169987994_Ourdiningtable.jpg.87949ae400c0d81c9c028146c8e06d11.jpg

Tell them you do not want a "banquette" style table for 2, and you do not want to be in a "group" of tables for 2.

Banquette style is where one side is an upholstered bench seat all the way across, and those are REALLY close. The grouping of "2's" is how they lay out some tables for two.

You want a table for two that is mixed in with larger tables, so you are truly seated by yourselves.

Perfect! That is what I needed to know. Many thanks. :)

We never request a table for two. As a matter of fact, we are leaving from Southampton on Thursday and going in a day early to visit with a couple we met a few years ago on the Baltic Cruise. We;ve remained friends every since. They have also come to the US. Table for two:; BORING!

"The One Who Must Be Obeyed" and I have been married for over 38 years and always request a table for two. We are not bored with each other's company. Maybe that is why we have been married for over 38 years!;)

"The One Who Must Be Obeyed" and I have been married for over 38 years and always request a table for two. We are not bored with each other's company. Maybe that is why we have been married for over 38 years!;)

It must have something to do with NH!!!!LOL We too have been married for 38 years and always get a table for two-We enjoy each others company and never are bored!!!!!:)

It must have something to do with NH!!!!LOL We too have been married for 38 years and always get a table for two-We enjoy each others company and never are bored!!!!!:)

Only 32 years for us but we also request a table for 2 and never run out of conversation. We've also met some great people on adjoining tables and ended up eating together with them on other nights but don't want to take the chance of having to make small talk with people we may not get on with when we have enough conversation with each other.

To answer the OP you can guarantee a table for 2 if you choose MTD - there are lots of tables for 2 and 4 there.

Archived