Please help with land excursions (Labadee, Falmouth, and Cozumel)

Our ports of call are Labadee, Falmouth, and Cozumel. (July 3 -July 10)

We are three: me, my husband, and our 15-year-old son.

Would appreciate any suggestions on land tours we might select.

Thanks.

First let me say you are gonna have a great time.

We have been to Labadee several times and here is what we love:

1. Just hanging on the beach with the float mats, lots of beach chairs.

2. Zipline

3. Parasailing

4. Jet ski

5. they offer a boat trip to a private island for snorkling (but you are on

a private island, so that seems like a waste to me)

IMO, Labadee isn't that great for snorkling but you are going other places that have great snorkling. They also have a roller coaster there now - I haven't been on it - but seems great for your teen.

In Cozumel, beginners scuba or snorkle - this is the place to see what is under the water - its beautiful.

I haven't been to Falmouth yet - can't give an opinion about it.

I would say not to miss Parasailing, Zipline, nor Scuba/Snorkle.

Our ports of call are Labadee, Falmouth, and Cozumel. (July 3 -July 10)

We are three: me, my husband, and our 15-year-old son.

Would appreciate any suggestions on land tours we might select.

Thanks.

Been to all three ports and I am going again in 2 weeks.

Labadee is a great place to sit and relax on the beach, go swimming, play vollyball, listen to the island music.

Falmouth is still being redone, if my info is correct. But our group is doing the Dunns River water fall and Jamaica tour. We have done it before and it was great lots of fun for parents and kids. People of any age.

Cozumel is a great shopping stop. It also has a ton of history, there are so many Mayan ruins there. So its great for shopping and exploreing or if you like history, seeing Tulum where there are mayan ruins.

Hope I helped :)

Here are my plans for July:

1. Labadee - jet skis

2. Falmouth - Chukka Beach Break (reviewed on the Jamaica forum)

3. Cozumel - a Beach (either San Francisco, Mr. Sanchos, or Paradise) and some shopping later on.

First let me say you are gonna have a great time.

We have been to Labadee several times and here is what we love:

1. Just hanging on the beach with the float mats, lots of beach chairs.

2. Zipline

3. Parasailing

4. Jet ski

5. they offer a boat trip to a private island for snorkling (but you are on

a private island, so that seems like a waste to me)

IMO, Labadee isn't that great for snorkling but you are going other places that have great snorkling. They also have a roller coaster there now - I haven't been on it - but seems great for your teen.

In Cozumel, beginners scuba or snorkle - this is the place to see what is under the water - its beautiful.

I haven't been to Falmouth yet - can't give an opinion about it.

I would say not to miss Parasailing, Zipline, nor Scuba/Snorkle.

Thanks, Vanilla.

what's the difference between scuba and snorkle?

i know we can book scuba/snorkle through the ship, but i didn't see any parasailing or zipline tour on royal caribbean's website. you booked them through some private agents? and what are the costs?

thanks again.

Labadee is a great place to sit and relax on the beach, go swimming, play vollyball, listen to the island music.

Falmouth is still being redone, if my info is correct. But our group is doing the Dunns River water fall and Jamaica tour. We have done it before and it was great lots of fun for parents and kids. People of any age.

Cozumel is a great shopping stop. It also has a ton of history, there are so many Mayan ruins there. So its great for shopping and exploreing or if you like history, seeing Tulum where there are mayan ruins.

Thanks, Munchkin.

Here are my plans for July:

1. Labadee - jet skis

2. Falmouth - Chukka Beach Break (reviewed on the Jamaica forum)

3. Cozumel - a Beach (either San Francisco, Mr. Sanchos, or Paradise) and some shopping later on.

you're planning to go with private agents or with the ship?

thanks.

1. Labadee - booked jet skis thru RCI (no other option) FYI Daughter did the parasailing on Cococay when we went awhile back on Freedom and loved it.

This is also another option.

2. Falmouth - Chukka Beach Break can only be booked thru RCI

3. Cozumel - Plan on just taking a taxi (both ways) at the pier to a beach for a few hours. (Heard from the cruise critic folks that this is easy and there are plenty) May do some shopping near the pier after the beach, or may just get back on board the ship. If the weather is not good, then we'll skip the beach and just do a little shopping.

We're more beach lovers/relaxers, than we are shoppers.

for cozumel i'd recommend nachi cocom beach.. you can only book it online and they only allow a certain number of people on the beach it's all inclusive lunch and drinks.. we had a marvelous time there!!

Cru1ser

Scuba is where you go under the water for long periods of time, breathing from an oxygen tank you carry on your back - requires lots of instruction and practice.

Snorkle is where you swim on top of the water using an inflatable vest with mask and flippers and look under the top of the water at sea life. With snorkle, you can dive to look at things deeper - but have to hold your breath.

Parasailing/Zipline/Roller Coaster/Jet skis can be booked through RCCL on their website under shore excursions. Parasailing is about $70.

On the RCCL site - they also have a parasailing excursion in Cozumel. If you go on other excursions, from ship or on your own - they also will have parasailing or jet ski (such as Mr Sanchos, Nachi, Playa Mia, etc...)

• 1 month later...

Hi,

while in Jamaica, was it the Grand Jamaica and Dunns River tour thru the ship excursions that you did? We are thinking of doing that one and I was wondering if the time is really tight...did you have any spare time back at the port or did you have to make a run for it?

Thanks

Archived