No planned excursion

Iggipolka

I'm wondering which port to not plan an excursion for and just spend the day wandering as I pleased. I'm trying to decide between PV and Cabo. I'm 35, female, traveling solo.

Which one would you pick as your non-planned excursion port?

Our 9th cruise is coming up in a couple weeks, and for this week long cruise for the first time we have absolutely no excursions planned....nothing, nada, zilch. There are benefits to this. For one, if you get sick or are too tired or the weather is bad or whatever you will not lose any money if you have to cancel, you wont have to wait in lines, you wont have to meet a deadline, perhaps not be able to sleep in, etc.....all the things you are trying to get away from on vacation. Of course, if this is a once in a lifetime trip to somewhere you will never be again, you will want to experience it as much as you can. But since we have done this route before, we have done all excursions we wanted to do and so this time we figure we have paid for the trip, including meals, we will just sleep in, have a nice lunch on board while everyone else is in port, and enjoy the empty quiet ship, pool, etc. Oh, we may get off the boat and walk around in some port...there are always guys right off the ship offering tours and you can bargain with them since you are usually filling a spot at the last minute But I would recommend the 4 peso bus ride into middle of Puerta Vallarta for your port visit. There isn't as much to see in Cabo, plus PV is more authentic mexican town than Cabo is, at least the tourist areas, and the Malecon area is pretty. Have fun, relax

Archived