Honeymoon on Freedom of the Seas - Sept 11

Hi all,

3. What excursions would you recommend at ports and is it good idea to pre-book them?

Thanks JK - Kilkenny, Ireland:)

I suggest that you visit the Ports of Call area and check out the places you are visiting.

Tons of good info there.

I suggest that you visit the Ports of Call area and check out the places you are visiting.

Tons of good info there.

Yea thanks for that - was only looking at it a few hours ago - only finding my way round the forum slowly - there is so much info - it can be hard to find out the specifics:o

Thanks for info on Grand Cayman - when you refer to high end - would it be fair to associate high end prices too? I know my fiancée wants to buy some nice jewelery - is here the best place to get it or elsewhere - also bear in mind we are staying in Orlando for a week before the cruise. Thanks again:)

If you are interested in Jewelry, do your homework. Grand Cayman is very clean, nice, and has reputable stores. You can probably get a "deal" in Jamaica or Cozumel ,but it may also be fake or if you have a problem you can't get it fixed.

I'm sure that there are reputable places in Jamaica and or Cozumel, but just do your homework.

If you are interested in Jewelry, do your homework. Grand Cayman is very clean, nice, and has reputable stores. You can probably get a "deal" in Jamaica or Cozumel ,but it may also be fake or if you have a problem you can't get it fixed.

I'm sure that there are reputable places in Jamaica and or Cozumel, but just do your homework.

Great stuff - I'll start the investigating now:D, Grand Cayman sounds the safest bet - in your opinion would you think it would be cheaper than places in the states or similar

Don't miss sting ray city but wait and book it with the vendors at the dock, cheaper, better. Smaller boats and vans to take you,much better individual attention.

We will be on this cruise celebrating our 65th wedding anniversary.

Don't miss sting ray city but wait and book it with the vendors at the dock, cheaper, better. Smaller boats and vans to take you,much better individual attention.

We will be on this cruise celebrating our 65th wedding anniversary.

Thanks for that - but pardon my ignorance - where are you referring to above:confused:

Thanks for that - but pardon my ignorance - where are you referring to above:confused:
There are people on the dock with excursions to Sting Ray City.You take a van from the ship dock to the boats that take you there. The boats are smaller and not crowded, about 25 or 30 people, more individual atention and much cheaper. The ship excursion is usually very large on a big bus. It is better if you get off the ship as early as possible as the Sting Rays are hungry and anxious for the food they give you to feed them. They don't hurt you and are like velvet when you hold one.It is an unbelievable experience, the water is a beautiful perfectly clear blue and only about knee deep.Did this help, anymore questions, just ask.

Great stuff - I'll start the investigating now:D, Grand Cayman sounds the safest bet - in your opinion would you think it would be cheaper than places in the states or similar

A little less than U.S. but there is no duty taxes.

We were just on the Freedom. In the Bull and Bear Pub they had Heiniken and Murphy's Red on draft.

Thanks Gator, I know she is really keen to get a nice set of earrings so your into has been a great help:)

There are people on the dock with excursions to Sting Ray City.You take a van from the ship dock to the boats that take you there. The boats are smaller and not crowded, about 25 or 30 people, more individual atention and much cheaper. The ship excursion is usually very large on a big bus. It is better if you get off the ship as early as possible as the Sting Rays are hungry and anxious for the food they give you to feed them. They don't hurt you and are like velvet when you hold one.It is an unbelievable experience, the water is a beautiful perfectly clear blue and only about knee deep.Did this help, anymore questions, just ask.

That sounds really amazing - correct me if i'm wrong but this in the Cayman Islands - how long does this excursion last for - as you seen on thread we are keen to do a little shopping too:D

Have you any other recommendations for other ports of call. Thanks Joe:)

Thanks Gator, I know she is really keen to get a nice set of earrings so your into has been a great help:)

They also have a jewelry store on board the ship. They say they will match or beat anyone's prices.

That sounds really amazing - correct me if i'm wrong but this in the Cayman Islands - how long does this excursion last for - as you seen on thread we are keen to do a little shopping too:D

Have you any other recommendations for other ports of call. Thanks Joe:)

If you catch a morning tour you will have time to shop after. Depends on what you want, the Caymans are the most expensive and upscale and they don't bargain. Cozumel is the best shopping,lots of fun things and silver jewelry and they bargain. I don't use the shops on shore recommended by the ships for several reasons. On our last cruise in April the ship had 2 days of big discounts on jewelry, the last 2 days.

If you want a beach day in Cozumel you can take a cab to Paradise beach,good beach, small entrance fee, great food, you get a lounge chair and umbrella for the entrance fee and discounts if you buy food. They have ladies that do great massages in tents on the beach, the last time we had one it was $25 for 1/2 hour but that was a few years ago. Well worth it.

Hey

Me & my Fiance will be on this cruise for our honeymoon aswell!!! How exciting!

We are on deck 8 in a balcony cabin not sure which number its been booked for ages!

In Labadee we are going to do the Zip Line we will book this through RCCL, in Cayman Islands we have already booked to do the stingray city tour with soto's cruises, Cozumel we are goin to book directly with Chankanaab park to do the dolphin swim as I have heard its really easy to get to & from the park from the ship.

Jamaica I am not sure about we have heard the vendors can be really really pushy so we will just wait & see what we want to do on the day maybe just get off & have a wee walk about then go back to the ship.

I cant wait!

When are you getting married & are you flying from gatwick cos we might be on the same flight! We are from sunny scotland

L xxx

Hey

We are on deck 8 in a balcony cabin not sure which number its been booked for ages!

In Labadee we are going to do the Zip Line we will book this through RCCL, in Cayman Islands we have already booked to do the stingray city tour with soto's cruises, Cozumel we are goin to book directly with Chankanaab park to do the dolphin swim as I have heard its really easy to get to & from the park from the ship.

Jamaica I am not sure about we have heard the vendors can be really really pushy so we will just wait & see what we want to do on the day maybe just get off & have a wee walk about then go back to the ship.

I cant wait!

When are you getting married & are you flying from gatwick cos we might be on the same flight! We are from sunny scotland

L xxx

If RC has a honeymooner and anniversary party maybe we will all be there, you honeymoon couples and our 65th anniversary celebration.;)

Hey

I cant wait!

L xxx

Fair play to ya both - we are gettin married on Aug25 and are flying from Shannon via New York to Orlando for a week prior to cruise.

Haven't booked an excursion yet on the cruise - prob do half day excursions on port days - don't want any pressure at all on cruise - its going to the relaxing part of our honeymoon - both of us are really looking forward to now

In Labadee - we both love lazing around the beech and doing absolutely nothing - see how the days goes. We are diff going to snorkle somewhere and also plenty of the retail therapy.

Have you any special plans for your cruise organised?:)

If RC has a honeymooner and anniversary party maybe we will all be there, you honeymoon couples and our 65th anniversary celebration.;)

Hi Teajak - What does the honeymooner and anniversary party involve and is there some cruises that it does not happen. Thanks Joe

Hi teajak...quick question for you since you seem familiar with Grand Cayman. We are doing a Western Caribbean itinerary in August to celebrate oldest daughter's 16th birthday. I was planning on doing a dolphin excursion in Cozumel and doing a Stingray, Snorkel and Rum Point tour through Native Way Watersports in Grand Cayman. While looking at photos of both Dolphin Discovery parks, Grand Cayman looks a lot more nicer than Cozumel so I am second guessing myself now and wondering if I should do Dolphin and stingray excursion which would allow us to also do turtles in Grand Cayman and just make Cozumel a beach/shopping day.

Grand Cayman day is actually the exact date of my daughters birthday so we want this day to be really special for her. She has already mentioned that she is really excited to do dolphin tour by is very scared to do stingray tour. Our other kids ages are 14, 12 and 8. My husband thinks the kids will scream too much, I think they will be fine once they are doing it. Do you think we should change plans or keep them the way they are? Do you think the kids may get injured doing stingrays.

Thanks for your opinion teajak.:)

Joe, I'm sorry to cut into your thread!

Hi teajak...quick question for you since you seem familiar with Grand Cayman. We are doing a Western Caribbean itinerary in August to celebrate oldest daughter's 16th birthday. I was planning on doing a dolphin excursion in Cozumel and doing a Stingray, Snorkel and Rum Point tour through Native Way Watersports in Grand Cayman. While looking at photos of both Dolphin Discovery parks, Grand Cayman looks a lot more nicer than Cozumel so I am second guessing myself now and wondering if I should do Dolphin and stingray excursion which would allow us to also do turtles in Grand Cayman and just make Cozumel a beach/shopping day.

Grand Cayman day is actually the exact date of my daughters birthday so we want this day to be really special for her. She has already mentioned that she is really excited to do dolphin tour by is very scared to do stingray tour. Our other kids ages are 14, 12 and 8. My husband thinks the kids will scream too much, I think they will be fine once they are doing it. Do you think we should change plans or keep them the way they are? Do you think the kids may get injured doing stingrays.

Thanks for your opinion teajak.:)

Joe, I'm sorry to cut into your thread!

We almost missed the ship using Nativeway because of time changes, our ship time stayed the same, Carnival changed theirs, the Nativeway used the Carnival time and they wouldn't listen when I said we would miss the last tender. Boy were we scared, just made it.Lesson,Stingrays don't bite, no teeth, their mouth is on their underbelly and they only suck. The only time stingrays could hurt you is if you step on them buried in the sand and they are too busy looking for food to do that. They give you food to hold in your palm and they will swim over it and take it, you don't have to feed them if you don't want to. Some smart alecks hold the food tight and won't give it to them and they have a very powerful suck that leaves a mark, but his is just a stupid thing to do. They are very gentle beautiful creatures. The ones at Sting Ray City are very tame.Let your kids go onto the internet and read about the rays there and the history of how it came about.

The water in the Caymans is much nicer than Cozumel, pure, clear aquamarine and warm. The beach at Chakanab (sp?) is rocky and the water is darker, been a long time since we have been there. See my post above about Paradise beach at Cozumel, they also have a lot of water fun for kids, an iceberg to crawl up on and other stuff.

Hi Teajak - What does the honeymooner and anniversary party involve and is there some cruises that it does not happen. Thanks Joe
Usually a get together for honeymooners and anniversary couples around noon or so, They have a cake and take your picture with the cake,give a bottle of Champagne to the couple married the shortest time and the longest time. Do you think we will get it? LOL. They usually have some dance music. I don't know who decides if they will have the party.

Archived