Is snorkeling any good on NCL Beach Break Excursion

thescot123

Has anyone ever done the NCL Excursion in Belize called the "Beach Break".

Does this island have good snorkeling? Trying to save money on this cruise but don't want to go a place where I won't see any fish.

Below is what they state

Beach Break

What's better than relaxing on the beach, working on your tan, or swimming at the beautiful secluded beach of a Belizean island? Board your tender for a short voyage to the island and enjoy a relaxing day of some fun in the sun. Once at the beach, relax under a coconut tree, take a dip in the ocean or participate in a game of beach volleyball. Complimentary use of kayaks and floats are available. Note: We recommend you bring cash for the restaurant.

Has anyone ever done the NCL Excursion in Belize called the "Beach Break".

Does this island have good snorkeling? Trying to save money on this cruise but don't want to go a place where I won't see any fish.

Below is what they state

Beach Break

What's better than relaxing on the beach, working on your tan, or swimming at the beautiful secluded beach of a Belizean island? Board your tender for a short voyage to the island and enjoy a relaxing day of some fun in the sun. Once at the beach, relax under a coconut tree, take a dip in the ocean or participate in a game of beach volleyball. Complimentary use of kayaks and floats are available. Note: We recommend you bring cash for the restaurant.

Haven't sailed NCL so can't opine on excursion from experience, but I see nothing in the description that mentions snorkeling. I'm assuming they head to Bannister Island or Goff's Caye, and while close to some reefs, neither are really good snorkeling venues. Look for a specific snorkeling excursion off a boat for Belize, either private (which may be cheaper and less crowded) or from the ship.

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking into NCL's Barrier Reef Snorkle and Beach Break listed on their shore excursion sites. Supposedly we snorkle and then are taken to Bannister Island.- 65' catamaran and time on the beach. Check it out.

I am looking into NCL's Barrier Reef Snorkle and Beach Break listed on their shore excursion sites. Supposedly we snorkle and then are taken to Bannister Island.- 65' catamaran and time on the beach. Check it out.

I am looking at this tour too. Has anyone here gone on it? Can you share your experience?

Archived