Should I be worried?

VWjuicy

Hi

My DH and I are booked to sail on the Norwegian Jade from Rome December 7 to December 17. This is only our fourth cruise and first overseas, therefore we are still learning.:o

This morning, I went to NCL to see if the price had dropped in our category. However after I selected Europe as an itinerary, the months from December 2011 to March 2012 were grayed out and I could not search the website. I logged into NCL to look at my itinerary and while the map remained the same, the itinerary has totally changed!!:eek:. Is this a NCL website glitch? Does this happen often? If what I suspect is true, when does NCL notify passengers?

So this post by NCL on another thread might answer your question:

Hi, we would like to clarify that the first four sailings of Norwegian Jade's winter deployment from Civitavecchia are sailing as scheduled on 10/15, 10/26, 11/5 and 11/16 2011.

Norwegian Jade's 11-Day Eastern Mediterranean & Holy Lands and 10-Day Eastern Mediterranean sailings from November 26, 2011 to April 11, 2012 have been cancelled. There has been political unrest in the regions visited on these itineraries. As a result, we are reducing the number of cruises we offer to this region and therefore, cancelling the above mentioned sailings. Norwegian Cruise Line sincerely apologizes for any inconvenience caused by these cancellations and would like to thank our guests for their patience and understanding. All guests on these sailings are being contacted with options for re-booking.

In place of these sailings, the ship will enter a 12-day dry dock on November 26, 2011. From there, the ship will reposition to Barcelona, Spain where we have added 15 nine-day Canary Island sailings from Barcelona from December 8, 2011 through April 12, 2012, along with a repositioning cruise to Venice on April 21, 2012.

Please note Norwegian Jade's fall/winter 2012 deployment is as scheduled.

Regards,

Norwegian Cruise Line Public Relations

Archived