Rambla de Poble Nou???

To those of you that have been to Barcelona or live there we were told by some friends that they enjoyed the area around Ramble de Poble Nou which I believe is near Port Olympic. They found it to be less touristy. Also, not as crowded as Las Ramblas area. They enjoyed the restaurants in the area...apparently, it is also tree lined and for pedestrians only. They really liked the Parc de la Cuitadella. Another area of interest for them was the Poble Nou Cemetery---full of very interesting architecture and sculptures such as "The Kiss of Death". Any comments on these areas would be appreciated.

One of the folks who lives in Barcelona and writes on Trip Advisor lives in that area.

There are many "rambla" streets in Barcelona and they are all wide pedestrian boulevards.

For a first time visit I think Rambla de Pobel Nou might be a bit far from some of the activities but it certainly has decent restaurants and the metro system makes it easy to get around the city.

I have stayed on Rambla Catalunya, which is just above Placa Catalunya and is not the same as the touristy "las ramblas" area but it is convenient and centrally located.

Hello from Barcelona.:)

There are several streets and avenues are named "Rambla ". Specifically, the Rambla del Poble Nou is set back from the tourist area but has very good restaurants and very quiet ride for those not wanting the hustle and bustle of the city.

Greetings.

Edu.

Archived