FOTS vs Oasis

Hi we are new to RCCL as we've only sailed with DCL and we are looking forward to trying something new. I have been looking all over to try to get a good comparison of the Oasis and the Freedom of the Seas ship. I have no idea if i'm totally missing it or what. I'm hoping someone here is a uber cruiser lol and can help me out.

Also on DCL the fountain drinks and juices are all free. I know that on RCCL you have to buy some sort of card. Is it possible to only purchase one card for the adults and one card for the kids? Because the adults will stay together and the two teens will be together.

And now about the dining. On DCL you only had to pay for dining in the two fanicer restraunts (Palo and Remy). We had a assigned restraunt everynight and if you didnt want that they had a dinner buffet. For break fast and lunch was totally up to you , with all the choices being free. How does the dinner arrangments work on here? Do all restraunts have a fee?

What are the breakfast, lunch, and dinner choices?

Thanks in advance for all the help.... because lord knows I need it!!:confused:

Hi we are new to RCCL as we've only sailed with DCL and we are looking forward to trying something new. I have been looking all over to try to get a good comparison of the Oasis and the Freedom of the Seas ship. I have no idea if i'm totally missing it or what. I'm hoping someone here is a uber cruiser lol and can help me out. Basically, the Oasis/Allure will have just about everything the Freedom has but more almost across the board when you're talking about amenities, activities, and options on the ship. That is not to say AT ALL that the Freedom isn't a great ship. I've sailed her sister ship, the Liberty, and it is my favorite. The Oasis/Allure are unlike anything else out there with Central Park and Boardwalk areas and the Aqua Theater and broadway shows.

Also on DCL the fountain drinks and juices are all free. I know that on RCCL you have to buy some sort of card. Is it possible to only purchase one card for the adults and one card for the kids? Because the adults will stay together and the two teens will be together. The soda package will provide you unlimited soft drinks. I would recommend purchasing them for each person. You cannot get two people drinks from the same card at the same time. I suppose you could be sneaky, but why bother doing that. If one of you does not drink much soda, they could go without, but I'd recommend purchasing it for all. Lemonade, iced tea, water flavored water, and regular coffee are all free. Soft drinks and alcohol is where there is a charge.

And now about the dining. On DCL you only had to pay for dining in the two fanicer restraunts (Palo and Remy). We had a assigned restraunt everynight and if you didnt want that they had a dinner buffet. For break fast and lunch was totally up to you , with all the choices being free. How does the dinner arrangments work on here? Do all restraunts have a fee?

What are the breakfast, lunch, and dinner choices? You will be given a time and table in the main dining room for dinner. (I prefer the later seating at 8:30, but others like the first seating) You can eat there every night for free if you'd like. The Windjammer buffet is free and open every night as well. In addition, there are specialty restaurants that have a cover charge that are available. I believe Freedom has 2 (Chops & Portofino's) while Oasis has more. It is up to you if you'd like to spend extra for these restaurants. Portofino's has always been a favorite of mine.

I hope that helps!

I'd also recommend going on the RC website and looking at the ships by class. You will be able to find some of the differences in the ships.

Hi we are new to RCCL as we've only sailed with DCL and we are looking forward to trying something new. I have been looking all over to try to get a good comparison of the Oasis and the Freedom of the Seas ship. I have no idea if i'm totally missing it or what. I'm hoping someone here is a uber cruiser lol and can help me out.

Also on DCL the fountain drinks and juices are all free. I know that on RCCL you have to buy some sort of card. Is it possible to only purchase one card for the adults and one card for the kids? Because the adults will stay together and the two teens will be together.

What are the breakfast, lunch, and dinner choices?

Royal's website has almost all the answers for you. here is the link, which will enable you to compare Oasis and Freedom.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/home.do

Both are incredible ships -- oasis is newer and bigger but Freedom was the biggest ship until recently.

Answers to a few of your questions.

Each person is supposed to have a soda card if you wish to drink soda. Very reasonable if you drink quite a bit daily but there are free beverages like lemonade and iced teas in the Windjammer Cafe and in the Main Dining Rooms.

As for restaurants that are "free" on Oasis they include the Main Dining Rooms, the Windjammer Cafe and places for light sandwiches and snacks like the Cafe Promenade and Sorrento's (pizza and appetizers). Same on Freedom (no Cafe Promenade on that ship). There are service charges for others. See this link.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/Oasis_Restaurants.pdf

We never spend an extra penny on food on RCL and always have excellent meals. You should now that in the Main Dining Rooms, which are beautiful, you may order as much as you wish (better than standing on the Windjammer buffet lines, in my opinion, but to each his own). Sorrento's is favorite with my kids for pizza and snacks anytime.

Room service for food is also free except from midnight to 5 a.m. when the service charge is $3.95 no matter how much you order. We do that to satisfy our late night cravings!

You will love either ship -- many similar things on both ships although Oasis has the aqua theater, Hairspray, Central Park, a carousel and zip-lining too.

Archived