Legend with Kids???

phannie

My kids hated the kids camp on our last cruise (Carnival Valor) and I don't blame them, it seemed really lame and most of the activites were cancelled! Has anyone had a better experience on the Legend with Camp Carnival? Son 10, Daughter 7

:confused:

Our kids were 9 and 10 when we went on the Legend one year ago. It was their first cruise. They could not get enough of Camp Carnival. The kids loved the counselors and begged to go every day of our seven day cruise. We personally delivered the counselors a cash tip. This was something were not expecting. Enjoy!

most of the activites were cancelled!

:confused:

What time of year did you travel? I have heard of this problem on ships during the off season. We are going on the Legend in a few weeks and the kids are looking forward to it. Last year we went on the Inspiration and the kids both had a great time. In fact our group had 6 kids and all the kids loved the Camp Carnival activities. :)

My kids (10 and 12) also disliked Camp Carnival on the Splendor in January of last year. Because of that they have said that they will not even try again when we sail the Legend. I keep telling them to have an open mind and to join whatever activities interest them. We'll see what happens. I certainly don't mind if they don't go but think they could be missing out on some fun stuff.

Laurie

We just got off Legend. There just wasn't enough kids to do any of the activities. There was about 4 teens, 12 preteens, and 30 5-11 but keep in mind that not all kids go to all activities. That meant that quite a few times, my 6 year old was the only child that showed up. I don't think it was the ship so much as the time of year.

The kid's/teen's clubs vary widely, depending on the time of year, counselors, and what particular kids are on the ship that week.

Really tough to anticipate. I always made my kids go to the first night, to meet people, and then let them decide themselves on anything else for the rest of the week.

The 1st cruise that we ever went on was the Legend. I was a little shakey on taking my kids and leaving them with people that we didn't know. The 1st night when we to sign them up, they became extremely excited to go to the camp. They actually thought they were going with the camp counselors right after.

The next morning we got up early, had breakfast and went back to the room to plan the day. Needless to say, all the kids wanted to do was go to the camp. They went and begged to stay at the babysitting services. Usually after 10pm, they had a different party every night. The first night was a glow stick slumber party. When we went to Cozumel they had a Mexican themed party. There was never a time where they called us because they were bored. I ended up paying the extra $30 every single night of my cruise because they never wanted to leave. The last day of the cruise they cried when we came to pick them up. I took footage of my daughter crying and saying that she never wanted to go home. She wanted to live on the ship. LOL

Your daughter will have lots of fun and make plenty of friends. She will not want to leave the ship either.

Archived