Holland America vs Celebrity/Princess for Mexican cruise

LoveAces

We are two families with 4 adult kids around the age of 20-23 and have taken Caribbean cruises with Celebrity and Princess every December for 3 years and loved it. As we live in the Los Angeles area, we are thinking about Holland America's Mexican cruise out of San Diego this December. We heard it's mainly senior citizens....has anyone taken this cruiseline/destination and enjoyed it? Our kids love the cruise nightlife and we want to be sure they'll enjoy this as well. Thanks for any input!

Do you most prefer Celebrity or Princess? HAL is more like Celebrity than Princess in my opinion. Nightlife on HAL will be much more subdued than Princess, but I disagree on the senior citizen comments. If you are planning to sail anytime around the holidays in December there will be a younger than normal crowd.

My parents and I did the Mexican Riviera cruise in early January 3 years ago and there were quite a few families, and even a few babies. On our Caribbean cruise a few months ago there were 250 kids yet the ship didn't feel overrun with them.

Archived