Complaints - UK Customer Relations How Long....

Hi

I have recently submitted a lengthy formal complaint about our recent cruise on Vision to Customer Relations in Surrey, UK by email. This was 10 days ago. I have had nothing back apart from an automated email.

I have never had a need to complain to RC before and just wondered what peoples experience was of gaining a response?

Kindest regards

Kim

Made a complaint last year after a cruise on Vision of the Seas in writing sending it Jo Rzymowska, Uk Managing Director and sent a copy to Adam Goldstein the CEO in Miami.

Got the refund I requested.

So my advice is send your complaint to the top of the organisation. It worked for me.

Hi Okimot

Do you know if Jo Rzymowska is based in the Surrey UK offices? I will definately send a copy of the correspondance to Jo.

I have copied Adam Goldstein into my response that the template email was unacceptable etc...

Just to enquiry, what was wrong with your vision cruise and what compensation did you receive?

Kindest regards

Kim

could I please ask what email address you used? I did this once before when I wasnt getting anywere with sky, and sent email to top, and then got satisfactory response, that acknowledged my complaint was very valid and they sorted it quickly.

thanks

could I please ask what email address you used? I did this once before when I wasnt getting anywere with sky, and sent email to top, and then got satisfactory response, that acknowledged my complaint was very valid and they sorted it quickly.

thanks

I used custserv.uk@rccl.com for my first complaint letter. I emailed the complaint letter in word format. From this after 10 days I got an unacceptable template response so I emailed back to this address copying in agoldstein@rccl.com. On the advice of this forum I am also going to send a copy of all my correspondance to Jo Rzymowska, but I am just trying to clairify her address so any help would be much appreciated. Just to fill you in this is our 4th RC cruise and we have never had so much as a niggle prior to this cruise. As we are only in our 20's we feel that our loyalty means nothing to RC.

We had a number of issues on this cruise mainly around the awful customer service, staff morale and behaviour and numerous issues in the dining room. It ruined our cruise. We did try and resolve these issues on board but the staff were as useful as chocolate tea pots and really didn't care. We wrote a 5 page complaint letter asking RC to explain all of these points, what they were going to do to rectify them and how they would compensate us to restore our confidence to sail with RC again. We received this response back which was unacceptable to us given the time and effort we had spent on our complaint letter;

Thank you for getting in touch about your trip onboard Vision of the Seas. I was sorry to hear that you were so unhappy with the service you received onboard.

We pride ourselves on the levels of service we offer to our guests – we know it’s a huge part of making your holiday as special as it should be. We also expect all of our staff to do their best to resolve any problems quickly, efficiently and courteously. I am very sorry this was not your experience throughout the ship.

We’re always grateful for any feedback our guests want to give us, as it’s the best way we can improve the services we offer. Although I’m afraid we can’t meet your request for compensation, I have made sure that everything you have said about the staff onboard has been passed to the management teams responsible for them, both onboard and in our offices shoreside. That way, they can take it into consideration the next time these things are reviewed.

Thank you again for getting in touch about this – we really appreciate you taking the time to do it. It’s only by hearing what you have to tell us that we can work harder to maintain the high standards you expect from us. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you on board again in the future.

Yours sincerely

ROYAL CARIBBEAN INTERNATIONAL

Any help would be much appreciated to get the resolve we require

Thanks Again

Kim

I am in customer service and have delt with many customer issues over the years. To be perfectly candid, if I received a 5 page complaint letter, it would most likely never be completely read and "round-filed" on the spot. IMO, the key to resolving a concern is to be brief, state simple facts, state your reason for dissatisfaction and what your expectations are. Obviously I am generalizing (not knowing your particular circumstances), but very few people have or will take the time to listen to someone rant and complain. The longer someone goes on, the less credibility they have. Again, with the few facts we currently have, RCL's response seems appropriate and reasonable. I have found if I wait a few days (as a customer) and then address my concerns in a calm, brief manner I am usually taken more seriously and have a better chance of having my issue resolved.

I am in customer service and have delt with many customer issues over the years. To be perfectly candid, if I received a 5 page complaint letter, it would most likely never be completely read and "round-filed" on the spot. IMO, the key to resolving a concern is to be brief, state simple facts, state your reason for dissatisfaction and what your expectations are. Obviously I am generalizing (not knowing your particular circumstances), but very few people have or will take the time to listen to someone rant and complain. The longer someone goes on, the less credibility they have. Again, with the few facts we currently have, RCL's response seems appropriate and reasonable. I have found if I wait a few days (as a customer) and then address my concerns in a calm, brief manner I am usually taken more seriously and have a better chance of having my issue resolved.

Hi Mustang

I can assure you all of my correspondance to RC was very level headed and well thought through.

Unfortunately I do not view the above response from RC as acceptable as I do not feel it is acceptable to have different levels of service within the same company. We were bitterly disappointed with our cruise.

That being said I tend to use this forum to rant and that helps me to keep level headed when liaising directly with RC.

I have challenged the template response and look forward to hearing back from RC.

Thanks

Kim

Hi Okimot

Do you know if Jo Rzymowska is based in the Surrey UK offices? I will definately send a copy of the correspondance to Jo.

I have copied Adam Goldstein into my response that the template email was unacceptable etc...

Just to enquiry, what was wrong with your vision cruise and what compensation did you receive?

Kindest regards

Kim

Yeah, Jo is based in their Surrey offices

Hi Mustang

I can assure you all of my correspondance to RC was very level headed and well thought through.

Unfortunately I do not view the above response from RC as acceptable as I do not feel it is acceptable to have different levels of service within the same company. We were bitterly disappointed with our cruise.

That being said I tend to use this forum to rant and that helps me to keep level headed when liaising directly with RC.

I have challenged the template response and look forward to hearing back from RC.

Thanks

Kim

Kim, you tell 'em

We've had this discussion I believe and if I get the same response as you did I will a) not be happy and b) take the matter further.

I sell RCI/Celeb/Azamara cruises and the response you got is wholly unacceptable and boardering on condescending.

You might be interested to know that one of the CR ladies had her husband and son in law on the cruise and they are Diamond members and thought it was the worst cruise he had ever been on.

I will try and keep you informed of progression on my compalint, but will you do the same and update on this thread

Greg

Did RC address your issues from the Vision cruise?

I emailed as opposed to letter but I mahaged to keep it brief and bullet pointed.

Tell me, just as an aside, was this a typed or hand-written letter? The one point that I would agree with one of the other posters on this thread is that a 5 page letter will have someone scan over it and pick out certain points as it may be too much to assimilate.

The one thing I will say, you and I both know that the issues on board were clearly inferior to what we had ever received previously, and, although I am not a great fan of this litigious society, if I do not get any compensation I will take the matter further, since, in my opinion the dining experience is an integral part of the RCI experience

BTW Kim and I do not know eac other we are however like minded on this cruise

Greg

I will of course keep you updated on my progress.

The 5 page letter was typed but we clearly split it into sections that included dining room, bar service, guest relations and explorations and general staff morale. The 5 pages may have been too much but as we have never even had a small niggle with RC before we wanted an explanation for the issues so thought the more detail we could provide the better.

Let's hope that I get a more satisfactory response, If not I will be escalating to Jo.

Kim

A friend of mine received virtually an identical letter to you, but he will not be letting it rest.

He has been told that the maximum compensation on offer would be 10% of the cost paid for the cruise, as the complaints were purely subjected.

Hi Okimot

Kindest regards

Kim

Kim,

Would like to send you the details by a private email as I do not want to post the information on this forum

okimot

Hi

I have recently submitted a lengthy formal complaint about our recent cruise on Vision to Customer Relations in Surrey, UK by email. This was 10 days ago. I have had nothing back apart from an automated email.

I have never had a need to complain to RC before and just wondered what peoples experience was of gaining a response?

Kindest regards

Kim

I wrote to RCCL last year after our cruise last year and also received an automated reply.

Just as I was about to complain (approx one month later), I received a very lengthy letter back, starting with an apology for the length of time it had taken them to respond.

They do read your letters and reply in a very detailed and personal way.

I was as upset as you at the time - maybe if it goes on too long, you should write to them again.

I wrote to RCCL last year after our cruise last year and also received an automated reply.

Just as I was about to complain (approx one month later), I received a very lengthy letter back, starting with an apology for the length of time it had taken them to respond.

They do read your letters and reply in a very detailed and personal way.

I was as upset as you at the time - maybe if it goes on too long, you should write to them again.

We are not talking about an automated reply, we are talking about an automatic addressing of the issues. We know and expect an uatomatic repsonse to the initial issue but not an apparent automatic response in their addressing of the complaint

I have to possibly take issue with this.

I have seen two replies to complaints on this cruise. One is Kimmy's one is a friend of mine, and they were almost word for word identical. The art of a good automated letter is that it appears personal and appears to address the issues whilst saying aboslutely zilch. Both Kimmy's and my firends were exactly that.

Archived