Shortest Trip to Sting Ray City - Any Tips?

caribcat

Hi,

We are a party of four adults, three non swimmers and we would like to go to see the Sting Rays and then spend more time seeing the rest of the island by coach/taxi.

Does anyone know of a short Sting Ray City tour that they could recommend?

Thanks

2 hours is the shortest trip I know of and there are several to choose from. You don't have to be a swimmer to play with the stingrays.

Soto's Cruises is one company I know has real life jackets you can use by wrapping under your arms and bob along if necessary - more comfortable than snorkel vests and can't ride up.

Thanks for the information, I had contacted Nativeway and they are fully booked for their combination tour.

I have contacted Capt. Marvin and he has quoted me $34 pp for the Stingray City tour and $19.50 pp for the land based tour. He did not mention the butterfly farm though.

The information provided has been valuable.

Hi,

This is the reply I had from Capt. Marvin.

Hi, thank you for your inquiry! You can do a 9:00 Hell and Turtle Farm Tour followed by our 2 hour snorkeling tour at 11:15-1:15. Hell and Turtle Farm Tour is US$19.50 per person and the 2 hour tour is US$34 per person.

Then I asked about the Butterfly farm to see if this was also included in the tour and this is the response I got:

Not on the Hell and Turtle Farm but we can add the Butterfly Farm Tour after the 11:15 trip. If interested just add in the "Comment" section of the reservation form that you want to do Hell and Turtle Farm tour before the 11:15 trip and Butterfly Farm Tour after the 11:15 trip.

So, I am not sure if that means that we have to book another tour for the Butterfly Farm, which means more expense.

The reason I asked for a short tour to Sting Ray City is because a couple of us in the party are non-swimmers and snorkel trips are not trips we desire to do. But after reading the boards I realise that the experience is good no matter whether we get off the boat or not.

I have decided that we will book with Captain Marvin after all and that way get the best of both worlds.

Thanks again for all the valuable information.

Archived