Just Got Back!!! Very Long Review

Just got back from my wedding aboard the Carnival Legend out of the Port of Tampa. We left last Sunday, May 8th and we just got back home this morning, its a good thing we live so close to the port. Our ceremony was held in the chapel and our reception was held in Satchmo's Jazz Lounge. The ceremony started at 1:30pm and than the reception started at 2:00pm with everyone off the boat by 3pm. We had no sailing guest so it was just me and my honey on the honeymoon.

Before I go through the details of everything I would just like to say that even with all the problems that arose and all the frustrations I went through the wedding and the photos turned out wonderful!!!!!

Day Before Wedding

We went up a day early and stayed at the Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel in Tampa. It is a decent hotel with a even more decent price. They also allow you to park your car in their secure lot for up to 14 days at no charge. It saves a ton and its only like 10 minutes from the port and today the cab ride only cost $10 dollars verses the $14 dollars a day you would pay at the cruise terminal.

Day of Wedding

Me and four other girls attending the wedding got our hair and makeup done with Destiny and Light hair and makeup and they came right to the hotel. The only downside is we had to get up at five in the morning, which I have not done in ages. We had planned to leave at 9am but things ran a little late but we got to the cruise terminal before 10:00am so it worked out but than comes the point where I almost had a flippin heart attack multiple times. I got through with a few of my other guests and my groom okay and we got upstairs to the wedding room. This is when I found out that my sister and her boyfriend some how did not get on the guest list and they almost were not allowed to come onboard. We were so lucky because the coordinator said the same thing happened the day before and those people were not allowed to board the ship. Than we sat down to go over some last minute details while the boat was waiting to clear customs. They never got my vows (luckily I brought a copy), they got my champagne request wrong, and they though I was providing my own officiant (most the time there is one on hand just in case yours doesn't show up). You can understand my thoughts at this moment I was sooo worried things were just gonna keep getting worse. We boarded the ship around 11:30am and my fiance and I went to our room. He through on his tux which we got from Carnival and than I just sat in my room and tried to relax. My maid of honor went and got me some food to eat and a few of us just sat and talked in the room, waiting for the time to put my dress on. I got a call that from the coordinator that said that my burned disc did not work and that they would have to hunt down some music to use for the reception. This was my own fault I burnt the music on a DVD-R instead of a just a regular cd, in the end it didnt really matter cause I can't even remember hearing music.

Ceremony and Reception

Ten-Fifteen minutes before the ceremony was due to start the coordinator and photographer came to the room to make sure all was in order and to take some photos, while we were doing this my sister came to say that my younger brother was missing and know one could find him. Gabor the photographer made a call but he was found before they had to make an announcement to locate him. I meet my father right outside the chapel and we waited for our cue to walk in. I thought I would cry my whole ceremony but I ended up laughing the whole time which is better than ruining my make up. After the ceremony we took some group shots in the chapel with the guests still sitting in the pews and than they were sent to the reception area while we had our witnesses signing our wedding licenses. We than went down to our lounge which was right down stairs and went into doing the cake cutting and the toasts. Everyone got some food and the only thing I ended up getting was watermelon which I spilled all over my dress so no more food for me lol. After awhile they started passing the cake out, which was delicious. We went with the vanilla with the strawberry filling, the open bar was amazing too. Your not allowed to get shots but anything else was up for grabs no one went without a drink in their hand even some of my underage friends, which I decided to not rat them out got some drinks. Since our music was useless I picked a random song to do our first dance too and than after this we just spend time with our guest till they had to leave. We got to walk them out and say good buy which was really nice.

Photos and the Cruise

We meet Gabor our photographer after the muster drill and than we went around and did some photos. He was a lot of fun and helped us with posing since it seems both of us aren't to good at it. We did this for about half an hour and he got plenty of shots. He told us he would probably not get them done the next day but probably the three day. He took wonderful photos and it broke my heart that we couldn't get them all, but we didn't get our photos till 7am this morning which was debarment day. This man waited to the last minute to get us our photos and I was beyond upset, my husband ended up having to deal with him the last few times. We only got to see them for the first time yesterday and than he said he would have the disc ready at 6pm, and when we showed up at 7pm he told us no we would have to wait till 10-11pm. We went back twice more after 10pm and they were still not ready he said he had been very very busy, they would be ready first thing in the morning. My biggest concern was that if there was anything wrong there would be no time to fix it, but they turned out gorgeous and he gave us a few extra photos on the discs for making us wait soo long. The cruise was wonderful and a day did not pass that someone else sailing or a carnival employee did not congratulate us. I'm sorry this went on soo long but I'm very into detail, if any questions just ask. I hope this helps at least someone.

Here are the professional photos we bought, let me know if the link works right

http://vikkiandfrank.shutterfly.com/?role=-1

OMG! BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! I love the idea of having everyone be non-sailing! Too bad i can't get everyone to cancel their cruises! ;-) Just kidding! Seriously, though....i love that you got to cruise on your own but have all ur guests there!

You were absolutely beautiful!!! Love your dress! You have a beautiful smile and just looked so happy! :-)

Ur hubby got his tux through carnival...that's what i plan on doing for groom and best man.... was that an easy process with no problems?

So i'm looking through your pictures as i type! I love them!!!! Love the one of you on the bed....Love the one of you guys kissing with the lisence in ur hands! And the one where you are nose to nose! And the flume!!! So glad to see that! I want a picture like that so bad! Really resembles a carnival wedding!!!!! :-)

Beautiful!!!!!

OMG! BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! I love the idea of having everyone be non-sailing! Too bad i can't get everyone to cancel their cruises! ;-) Just kidding! Seriously, though....i love that you got to cruise on your own but have all ur guests there!

You were absolutely beautiful!!! Love your dress! You have a beautiful smile and just looked so happy! :-)

Ur hubby got his tux through carnival...that's what i plan on doing for groom and best man.... was that an easy process with no problems?

So i'm looking through your pictures as i type! I love them!!!! Love the one of you on the bed....Love the one of you guys kissing with the lisence in ur hands! And the one where you are nose to nose! And the flume!!! So glad to see that! I want a picture like that so bad! Really resembles a carnival wedding!!!!! :-)

Beautiful!!!!!

Yup it was a very easy process and you get to keep it for the whole trip. It included two different dress shirts, shoes, pants, vest, two bow ties, cuff links and buttons, and a cumber bun. The coordinator will confirm with you the color of vest and etc before getting on the boat and once you get on board it needs to be tried on right away, just in case there is a problem so they have time to fix it. Than you will get a call the last sea day to return it to formalities. Thanks soo much, I'm soo happy the photos came out soo well.

Congratulations and best wishes. Loved your pictures...the purple flowers looked wonderful with your hair...I also loved the picture under the fume...they could use that for selling weddings on the ship.

Was your cake decorated for you, or did you bring the decorations for it with you?

Great pictures, and you were a beautiful bride! =)

Thanks :] I brought the cake topper, the ribbon, and the petals around the cake. They put them on the cake for me but I attached little instructions on where I wanted things on the items.

Drama or no drama.... your pictures reflect a beautiful wedding with a beautiful bride and groom. I am so glad your special day has come and may you enjoy a wonderful married life.

Congrats!

Those photos are great!! We worked with our photographer Vladamir and then Gabor joined us after you finished your shots. I can't believe how good they were, we were very lucky!!

I'm glad to hear overall your experience was as excellent as mine - we had the same officiant and she was soo good!

Great review - how did you enjoy the rest of the cruise?

Those photos are great!! We worked with our photographer Vladamir and then Gabor joined us after you finished your shots. I can't believe how good they were, we were very lucky!!

I'm glad to hear overall your experience was as excellent as mine - we had the same officiant and she was soo good!

Great review - how did you enjoy the rest of the cruise?

The rest of the cruise went very well did a lot of things the first few days and than just relaxed the last few. How about you? I was soo afraid you weren't going to like me cause of the whole line incidence first thing in the morning and I'm sorry about that!!!

The rest of the cruise went very well did a lot of things the first few days and than just relaxed the last few. How about you? I was soo afraid you weren't going to like me cause of the whole line incidence first thing in the morning and I'm sorry about that!!!

Cool! We converted people in our group to cruising with that cruise! We went full steam at all the ports so the last sea day was so nice to relax!

Honestly, I thought I would have to apologize to you regarding the whole line thingy (although I only heard about it second hand so I'm not too sure what happened!) - my husbands family can be majorly pushy and we had such a large group!! I was so doped up on cold medicine I was just doing what I was told :D I had minions as we called them (my husbands single male cousins) to do all the heavy lifting!

Cool! We converted people in our group to cruising with that cruise! We went full steam at all the ports so the last sea day was so nice to relax!

Honestly, I thought I would have to apologize to you regarding the whole line thingy (although I only heard about it second hand so I'm not too sure what happened!) - my husbands family can be majorly pushy and we had such a large group!! I was so doped up on cold medicine I was just doing what I was told :D I had minions as we called them (my husbands single male cousins) to do all the heavy lifting!

That;s too funny well, yeah I saw some of your minions lol throughout the cruise and they would usually shout something about us being the other married couple. Well I'm glad that neither one of us offended the other one, things were just soo hectic at that point.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Your pictures are beautiful! I am getting married in sept. on the carnival paradise out of Tampa and I am looking at using dynisty and light for my hair and makeup, we're you happy with them?

I was very happy with them, they showed up to the hotel room really early in order to get my girls and I ready by 11. I was sick all morning and they were very understanding of me running to the bathroom every ten minutes lol.

Archived