Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort & Spa

anything

We are going to be in Ocho Rios from 12 to 8 next year, we were looking at a day pass for Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort & Spa. Has anyone ever been there? Any comments and or your experience there would be great. Thank you in advance

We are going to be in Ocho Rios from 12 to 8 next year, we were looking at a day pass for Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort & Spa. Has anyone ever been there? Any comments and or your experience there would be great. Thank you in advance

I did a Royal Caribbean shore excursion in Ocho Rios to this resort last year. We paid $99/pp. through the ship. I was not pleased. The beach water was green with alot of debris floating around. Maybe there had just been a storm or something......I don't know. The pool was nice but there were no pool towels in the towel hut and when we asked it took the guy forever to come back with some. The drinks at the swim up bar were watered down. We had the buffet lunch and I will say the food was very good. In general I didn't think it was worth the money. Maybe for half that price I would go again.

I keep seeing people book here. Not sure why though because for less money you can go to the Jewel hotel with a day pass. It used to be Sandals Dunn's River Falls, the food was great, the beach was clean (although short) and the pool was spectacular. I believe the day rate without supper is now $50. This includes lunch, drinks (repeat drinks as frou frou as you could want), water sports and free internet in the lobby.

No kids, no big groups at the same time. Send them an e-mail if you are interested. I just wish there were more ports with great AI resort rates like this.

I keep seeing people book here. Not sure why though because for less money you can go to the Jewel hotel with a day pass. It used to be Sandals Dunn's River Falls, the food was great, the beach was clean (although short) and the pool was spectacular. I believe the day rate without supper is now $50. This includes lunch, drinks (repeat drinks as frou frou as you could want), water sports and free internet in the lobby.

No kids, no big groups at the same time. Send them an e-mail if you are interested. I just wish there were more ports with great AI resort rates like this.

I am contacting them today! You made this deal sound too good to pass up!!

I am contacting them today! You made this deal sound too good to pass up!!

You will love it. Didn't mean to hijack this thread but I like to pass on the deals as so many others have helped me in the past.

can you please help me out with the contact info for this place I can not find a direct web site.

thank you

Not sure if you were looking for the Sunset which is the original post or the Jewel that I mentioned, so I'll give you both.

Sunset:

http://www.sunsetresorts-jamaica.com/

I have to admit that the slides look really fun. I believe you can book directly through the hotel for the day pass or you can book through the link previously provided.

Jewel:

http://www.jeweldunnsriverresort.com/ I sent my e-mail to Scott (manger) at the Jewel and he passed it on to a women in sales (forget her name) I found the e-mail address on their website.

Good-luck and enjoy Ocho Rios!

You will love it. Didn't mean to hijack this thread but I like to pass on the deals as so many others have helped me in the past.

No big deal at all, that is what this forum is for, thanks for the info as ill be looking into the jewel as well

No big deal at all, that is what this forum is for, thanks for the info as ill be looking into the jewel as well

Actually, it can be considered a big deal. I once posted on a thread that got deleted because I started it going 'off topic' even though my intent was good. Over the years I have had wonderful vacations thanks to the members of CC. Many of the things we have done are because of tips posted and therefore I try to help others.

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived