Hot Brush on Queen Victoria

leswor

I have always taken my hot brush, travel kettle and a clothes steamer on cruises/voyages, we met a couple one time who took a travel iron, although I dont think I would, the clothes steamer is just as good if not better.

Hi I always take my straightners and I'm sure other people take curling irons, I wouldn't see why they would be banned. They make it too expensive to use the onboard hairdresser, someone we used to chat to went there every day on the first leg of the world cruise this year and said they wern't that good for the money they charged.

My mother in law wants to take a Hot Brush with her on her cruise on Queen Victoria later this month. I know irons are a prohibited item - anybody know about Hot Brushes??

Hi leswor. I don't know anything about Hot Brushes, but I do know that three minutes on the open deck will alter any air style, even if it is spayed with lacquer - then it just turns into a gloopy mess. I've spent time in the salon having my hair done, and I've spent time doing my hair in the stateroom. Bottom line: it's not worth the time or the expence. The sea will do what it does, no matter our intent.

Wishing your mother-in-law a wonderful voyage,

Salacia

Archived