Monte Carlo to Eze to Nice to Monte Carlo in 8 Hrs?

AJs Grandpa

We (four 60 "ish" in reasonable to good walking/climbing shape) will be in Monte Carlo on a Tuesday and expect to have eight hours of available touring time while allowing time to tender to/from ship.

Are we being too ambitious trying to "do" all three places via public transport?

If possible, we're thinking of using the train to get to Eze and Nice. Will it take three train tickets (MC to Eze, Eze to Nice and Nice to MC) or only two tickets (allowing off/on at Eze with same MC to Nice ticket)? Realize bus is less expensive and perhaps more scenic, but afraid that would really crimp our time.

If this is too ambitious, I'd appreciate opinions on whether to visit Nice or Eze. (I realize opinions may differ.)

I'm intentionally posting this on France and "Other Europe" boards to maximize info.

Thanks.

What about renting a car (we've rented from Hertz, very convenient, in Maonaco before)? Driving in France is fun and easy...very well signposted.

I doubt whether all this is doable in one day by public transport (with 'enough' time in each place, anyway)...or at least something will suffer, whether it's time in Nice or time in Monaco.

Kevin

Archived