Saturday Vigil Mass in Naples??

Ima Believer

Hi,

I've spent a lot of time trying to find information online, but haven't found much. I'm looking for a Saturday vigil mass at a church close to the Naples port. We'll be at sea on Sunday so I'd like to see what options we have for Saturday.

Thanks in advance!

The closest to the port is Santa Maria Incoronatella, originally built as the church for Castel Nuovo (the castle that you are looking at from the cruise port). The address is Via Medina 19, about four or five short blocks from the port (about three tenths of a mile). It can be easy to miss, as this church is below ground level. Saturday mass is at 18:30 (6:30 PM). The diocesan web site link to this parish is here: http://www.chiesadinapoli.it/napoli/s2magazine/index1.jsp?idPagina=7496

The next closest would be Santa Lucia a Mare, at Via Santa Lucia 3 (at the corner of Via Console Cesario). It's a little farther away (a little over a half mile from the port), but on the way there and back you'd pass Castel Nuovo, the opera house, the galleria and the royal palace. Saturday mass here is also at 18:30 (6:30 PM). The diocesan web site link for this parish is here: http://www.chiesadinapoli.it/napoli/s2magazine/index1.jsp?idPagina=6992

Thanks so much for the information!

Unfortunately, our ship leaves port at 7 pm, so 6:30 isn't going to work. :(

On the Celebrity web site, it says that for Sundays in port, they bring local priests onto the ship to celebrate mass. I wonder if they'd do this for a Saturday vigil mass... Guess it doesn't hurt to ask!

Thanks again!

Sorry, I doubt you're going to find a mass as early as you'd need. Celebrity may be able to help.

I was surprised at how well attended mass was on HAL - there was a Saturday evening service (I don't know how many people were at that) and another on Sunday morning; the Sunday one was standing room only.

Those are good ideas too - thanks. I believe Celebrity will offer a non-denominational service on board the ship on Sunday, but wanted to fully scope out options for a Catholic mass, ideally in a traditional church. It's good to hear that services are well attended!

Archived