Rose & vase

Anyone adding this to their vows? I don't want to do the champaign thing cuz josh doesn't drink, not 1 sip. Don't want to do candle bc can't have real flames...don't want to do sand ceremony bc I know the sand will get mixed up traveling home.... The rose and vase sound so pretty on paper and love that it starts a new tradition for us.

My question is this... Did (or are) u using a real or silk rose? And I have to supply the vase, I really like one from Things Remembered but after engraving its like $50 which is an expense I wasn't planning on. Not too much, but $50 is $50!

Just looking for ideas/opinions.....

Thanks in advance!

Do you mean the rose ceremony? We didn't use a vase for this (the roses rested on the pillars that carnival has their floral decorations on) but may get one in the future. We used artificial roses for this as the cruise line wanted around $70 for 2 single real long stem roses for use in the ceremony.

Do you mean the rose ceremony? We didn't use a vase for this (the roses rested on the pillars that carnival has their floral decorations on) but may get one in the future. We used artificial roses for this as the cruise line wanted around $70 for 2 single real long stem roses for use in the ceremony.

It's simular to the rose ceremony, but it's called "rose & vase". He gives me a rose and tells me how it represents his love and how it bloomed... but i give him a vase with water in it and it represents our relationship...how sometimes water steams or freezes but always returns to water... And it starts a tradition that every year I will put the vase out and fill it with water and he will put a rose in it to symbolize our love for each other.... It sounds more beautiful when you read the words, i'm just going by memory.

I want to do it. The lady is going to charge $10 for a rose (which is a lot, but still only $10, wont save that much money with a silk one) and i want a dark pink one (my colors are fuschia and black) and then i have to supply the vase. Would love to get one that's engraved.... just don't want to spend too much....

Actually, you should look into the unity candle - because I asked the same question about the real flame, and then someone posted their pictures and they had it! So, i asked and they said that it was allowed because it was under supervision....but double check!!

It sounds very nice and does start a new tradition... If it were me I would do the silk flower and an inexpensive vase. I know it won't bloom which does take away from it a bit but you wouldn't be able to save the first flower (even pressed) if it is real, unless you sneak it off the ship.

Then on the one year anniversary just the privacy of you two repeat the vows with the 'new engraved vase' and a real rose. That way you don't have to put out the money for the expensive vase and rose now and you get to have the original as a keepsake too.

It sounds very nice and does start a new tradition... If it were me I would do the silk flower and an inexpensive vase. I know it won't bloom which does take away from it a bit but you wouldn't be able to save the first flower (even pressed) if it is real, unless you sneak it off the ship.

Then on the one year anniversary just the privacy of you two repeat the vows with the 'new engraved vase' and a real rose. That way you don't have to put out the money for the expensive vase and rose now and you get to have the original as a keepsake too.

I think that's a great idea. If I use a silk rose I can keep it in the vase until our first year when he replaces it with a real one.

I'm pretty set on doing this. Unity candle didn't interest me, especially after reading the rose & vase, it just sounds beautiful and I love starting a tradition.

ROSE & WATER CEREMONY

In the Rose & Water ceremony, the Groom will need to have a rose and the Bride will need a vase with water in it. Before the ceremony, the vase and rose should be placed in an easily accessible spot... on a small table nearby, for example. The best man, the Maid of Honor, or the family member should get the rose and the vase and present them respectively to the Groom and Bride just prior to this part of the ceremony.

This is a day steeped in tradition, a time when we are surrounded by symbols: something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue. Today, BRIDE and GROOM begin a new tradition, a custom which now becomes uniquely their own.

GROOM, please repeat after me: BRIDE, I give you this rose. Because it grew from a tiny seed, becoming stronger and larger until it burst into flower, it symbolizes the way my love for you has grown. (Groom gives Bride the rose.) Each year on our wedding anniversary, I will give you another rose. In so doing, I'll remember this day and renew the vows we've made.

BRIDE, please repeat after me: GROOM, I give to you this vase of water. (Groom takes and holds it.) Because water is the one element without which we would perish, it symbolizes the importance of your love in my life. Each year on our anniversary, I will refill this vase, offering it to you as a symbol of my ever renewing love. (Bride puts the rose in the vase and they hold the vase together.)

GROOM, please repeat after me: Without water, the rose would die. My gift is enhanced by yours, just as my life is enhanced by ours.

BRIDE, please repeat after me: Without the rose, the vase of water would not be beautiful. My gift is lovely because of yours, just as my life is better because of you.

(Bride and Groom then hand the rose and vase to the Minister, Maid of Honor, best man or family member.)

BRIDE and GROOM, on each anniversary, as you give and receive the rose and the water, remember with joy this day when you pledged your love and your lives to each other. May this be only the first of many cherished traditions in a home filled with happiness.

incredible!

ROSE & WATER CEREMONY

In the Rose & Water ceremony, the Groom will need to have a rose and the Bride will need a vase with water in it. Before the ceremony, the vase and rose should be placed in an easily accessible spot... on a small table nearby, for example. The best man, the Maid of Honor, or the family member should get the rose and the vase and present them respectively to the Groom and Bride just prior to this part of the ceremony.

This is a day steeped in tradition, a time when we are surrounded by symbols: something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue. Today, BRIDE and GROOM begin a new tradition, a custom which now becomes uniquely their own.

GROOM, please repeat after me: BRIDE, I give you this rose. Because it grew from a tiny seed, becoming stronger and larger until it burst into flower, it symbolizes the way my love for you has grown. (Groom gives Bride the rose.) Each year on our wedding anniversary, I will give you another rose. In so doing, I'll remember this day and renew the vows we've made.

BRIDE, please repeat after me: GROOM, I give to you this vase of water. (Groom takes and holds it.) Because water is the one element without which we would perish, it symbolizes the importance of your love in my life. Each year on our anniversary, I will refill this vase, offering it to you as a symbol of my ever renewing love. (Bride puts the rose in the vase and they hold the vase together.)

GROOM, please repeat after me: Without water, the rose would die. My gift is enhanced by yours, just as my life is enhanced by ours.

BRIDE, please repeat after me: Without the rose, the vase of water would not be beautiful. My gift is lovely because of yours, just as my life is better because of you.

(Bride and Groom then hand the rose and vase to the Minister, Maid of Honor, best man or family member.)

BRIDE and GROOM, on each anniversary, as you give and receive the rose and the water, remember with joy this day when you pledged your love and your lives to each other. May this be only the first of many cherished traditions in a home filled with happiness.

incredible!

That is a LITTLE different then what is printed from "A Wedding for You".... i think the bride/groom say a little more and i like the wording a little better, BUT i love the end where the groom says that I enhance his life.... and that i say he makes my life more beautiful! I will definately be adding that in!!! :-) Gonna make my grandma and grandpa cry like babies! haha

Archived