Can anyone who has done Med. on Splendor give us some info?

Four friends are sailing the Med on Splendor 10/15/05 Anyone give us a report on the trip? How rough are the seas in the Med? How was the entertainment on Board? English speaking entertainers or European? What is the ratio of Americans sailing this itinerary?

Any hints re: shore excursions? We ususally do the Caribbean, and are not used to the hour to hour and a half we will have to travel from the ship to sight-see. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

I have done a review, do a search Splendour October 23, 2004. I hit all the ports & the ship plus pre & post in Barcelona. The trip was amazing & we wouldn't hesitate to do it again. I'll be happy to answer any questions.

Wendy

Four friends are sailing the Med on Splendor 10/15/05 Anyone give us a report on the trip? How rough are the seas in the Med? How was the entertainment on Board? English speaking entertainers or European? What is the ratio of Americans sailing this itinerary?

Any hints re: shore excursions? We ususally do the Caribbean, and are not used to the hour to hour and a half we will have to travel from the ship to sight-see. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

We did this trip in May 2004. Weather was perfect and we didn't have any rough seas.

I don't think there were many Americans on the ship, we saw a lot of Spanish speaking PAX. (probably due to a sail from Barcelona)

We usually attend at least some entertainment on board but this trip was so port intensive we were very tired to attend.

Tours..hmm

We had

1)Ship tours in : Marseilles, Monaco/Monte Carlo, Barcelona

2)Private driver(for 6 people) in Florence and Rome - not cheap, but very convinient as with a small van he was able to deliver us very close to sightseeing as opposed to the big buses. I talked to some people from RCI sponsored trips..they were exosted!

3) Naples , we took hydrofoil to Capri and then had city tour in Naples (on double decker). We really wanted to see Pompeii , but were very tired from all previous days.

Anything after the end of Sept in iffy weather in the Med. We did the Splendour in early October 2003, 10/4/03. We missed Villefranche. Got one tender off and the people got sick. They then decided not to tender anymore in, but had to get the other tender back. We waited all day looking at the coast, but could never get off the ship.

The next day we were to dock in Livorno, but the night before we were told that we were being diverted from Livorno because one of the ships in port got damaged and there were no berths available. We ended up tendering in from La Spezia, which is another hour out. That gave us a whole 2 1/2 hours in Florence.

We made Rome and it was a beautiful day. We had a private tour with driverinrome and Daniele was great. We saw so much in one day that it was unbeleivable.

We then had the worst evening that I have ever experienced at sea and I have been on a lot of cruises. We tried to have dinner that night and you could not keep you plates, glasses, silverware, or anything on the table, it all kept sliding off.

The next morning we were scheduled to arrive in Naples, but the winds and the swells were such that it was too dangerous for us to make it into port, so we sailed on to Malta.

Malta was great and we hired a taxi to take us into town for some shopping, then take us to Mdina. We had one of the best sunsets as we cruised out of port.

Archived