Splendor Embarkation Question

dsneymom

We are sailing on Sunday and arriving at the pier via taxi. Can someone who has recently cruised on the Splendor share their embarkation experience on where to go, when to go and the general process. I've read conflicting stories and would like to hear from anyone who has sailed in the past few months. Thanks!

DH & I cruised the Splendor in September out of Long Beach. The taxi will pull in and drive around a parking structure. Once on the other side of the structure he will pull over and let you out. Porters will be SO ready right there-they will probably even open your door for you. A word of caution-have your luggage tags on BEFORE you get in the taxi-if you are not careful those porters will sweep your luggage right away. Okay so tip your porter-or hold on tight to your bag if you are only using a carry on. Next you will walk straight out of the taxi to check in. Basically you need to walk away from the parking structure-its SO close-maybe 150ft. If you arrive early you will be able to see the check in desks from your taxi-if you arrive later there may be a sea of people preventing that view-but just walk toward them and you should see the line. Its easy-dont worry about 'finding the place'-you are there! After you check in you can walk off to your left for a glance at the queen mary if you like. Now-if they do it like they did it when I sailed-we waited outside. No chairs-just a few planters that doubled as benches. DH & I are younger so we sat on the ground and left those 'seats' for the elderly. HAVE FUN!!

We are sailing on Sunday and arriving at the pier via taxi. Can someone who has recently cruised on the Splendor share their embarkation experience on where to go, when to go and the general process. I've read conflicting stories and would like to hear from anyone who has sailed in the past few months. Thanks!

we usually arrive about 10:30 and get zone 1, there will be plenty of personal directing you . Enjoy!!!

Yup just got off last sunday, what everyone else has already said is true. The taxi will drop you off inside the bottom level of parking garage, plenty of porters there, have your luggage tags on before hand, tip the porter, walk out of garage towards the big white dome, early check in for splendor on good weather days is outside infront of the dome, do early check in, they give you a zone tag, get in your zone and wait.

We got there at about 1115 am, checked in, zone 5, stood in line, at 1200 sharp they started letting vip, wedding parties in. Then zone 1, 2 etc... We walked on the boat at about 1223 (I took a photo of my watch hahahaha). I think 11am is about the sweet spot for ease of embarkation.

Ignore the carnival website and the automated phone call they send you a day or two before the cruise saying to be there between 1-3, that is a recipie for disaster IMHO.

Archived