Allen Marine Jet Tour to Misty Fjords out of Ketchikan

poolwife

Wondering if anyone has had any experience in going on the Allen Marine Jet Tour Cruise to Misty Fjords from Ketchikan? Does it go so fast you can't really see anything? How is the trip? We were planning on taking it in late June, 2005.

Thanks for replying. The only one I talked to that had been on this was a girl I talked to at the "Lumberjack Show" and she said it was the best boat to go to Misty Fjords and the fastest. There is also a 6 1/2 hour cruise but she said that boat is just slower. She didn't work for Allen Marine so I was hoping she was right. I want to see Misty Fjords without flying so hope this is good.

I have not been on that particular jet boat tour, but have been on them in New Zealand and on the Rogue River in Oregon and you do not go so fast that you cannot see things. You can see a great deal and usually the boat guides have spots where they stop and explain some interesting sight to you. They often times will slow or stop when something unusual is seen. While they have a schedule to keep, there is usually some slack time in it for the unexpected.

Archived