car rental on several islands question

cruise8x+

We are planning to rent a car on Maui, Kona,Kauai,Hilo and Oahu anyone know which company has shuttle service to the pier or close by? Does the Marriot on Oahu and Hilton Hawaiin Village have an agency on the premises? I always get the best suggestions on this board! Thanks in advance for your help!

• 4 weeks later...

I can't say for sure because I haven't gone yet but I booked ours through priceline for Maui and got Hertz. I called them and they said they have pier pickup at both rental locations. I just need to call as we are coming into port.

At each port, almost all of the major car rental agencies provide shuttles except Avis. If you want to confirm it, you should call the local office of the agency you are interested in renting from. Unlike here, someone in the Hawaii offices will answer the phone.

As far as I remember, HHV does have car rental agencies on premises. If you are staying there, there is a charge to park the car each day. Not sure if it was $12 or $14 per day.

We got a list of 800 numbers of all the Auto Rental Agencies from Guest Services.

Who ever you use make sure they offer a free shuttle that will come and bring you to the airport to pick up your car. It is a very short ride. I called at 8:30 am and the shuttle was there picking up others as well by 9AM.

Bon Voyage!

We're booked on PO America in Aug/05 and want to book rental cars on Maui and Kauai. The ship is in port for two consecutive days. Does anyone know whether there is any overnight parking near the dock in both ports, if I rent the car for two days? Thanks for your help.

I just rented a car for our Maui stayover in May and used the entertainment book - $20 a day for a car. They gave me a number to call when I get to the port and they will send a shuttle. She said they normally have a shuttle at the port on arrival day but call if it is not there. I know I read on another site there is a parking lot not too far away at the port. Do not leave anything in your rental car - break ins are common.

Archived