Thomson Dream Transatlantic Dec anyone going

We start in Tenerife then 6 days at sea then Antigua, St Maarten, British Virgin Island, St Kitts, Dominica, St Lucia, St Vincent, Grenada, Tobago and finish in Barbados.16 nights going 2nd Dec in brochure for £1499 but we booked it christmas alot cheaper and got al-inc, it's in the brocure under Transatlantic Sunset.

• 5 months later...

Hi yes my daughter and I are flying from manchester. we are hoping to get help off other dream cruisers as this is our first. We are serching cruise critic to see if we can find who ever can tell us things we ought to do, and what to take that will make things better for us. So far we have found things on critic that we never gave a thought to hope any one will help thanks. Rita & Sue

Hi we were on this transatlantic cruise last year and loved every minute of of it. It was on the Destiny but the Dream looks even better. We are going on 1st Jan for 2 weeks from Glasgow so would love to hear how you get on

Hi yes my daughter and I are flying from manchester. we are hoping to get help off other dream cruisers as this is our first. We are serching cruise critic to see if we can find who ever can tell us things we ought to do, and what to take that will make things better for us. So far we have found things on critic that we never gave a thought to hope any one will help thanks. Rita & Sue

We're on this cruise too, our 3rd time on the Dream. Just put up any questions and I or any other poster will do our best to help you.

16 days at sea hmmm .............. when you come back could you let me know how you managed to do any laundry ? If it has to be done by the staff could you let me know how much it costs ? Also hearing that no irons allowed in the cabins, could you let me know if that's true too ?

We doing the atlantic crossing in April ( going the other way to you ) and getting worried about laundry as no on board facilities.

Thanks. Oh and enjoy !!!

Hello Rita and Sue :)

Have you seen this thresd? There's quite a lot to it but if you can plough through it I'm sure you will find lots of tips which are useful.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1171965&highlight=tips+for+first+time+cruisers

Also, there are reviews of many of the ports you are visiting as these figured on the Destiny itinerary so quite a few posters will have first hand info for you.

Try a search under the 'Search this Forum' tab (top of the Thomson Forum threads table). Type in the ports individually and a whole lot of threads will pop up.

Also there is general info on ports under the Ports tab on the home page - choose Eastern Caribbean and many of the ports are there.

Get back if you need more help or if you would like me to find some reviews from previous years and I'll try to find them for you.

Enjoy your planning - and your cruise! :)

We start in Tenerife then 6 days at sea then Antigua, St Maarten, British Virgin Island, St Kitts, Dominica, St Lucia, St Vincent, Grenada, Tobago and finish in Barbados.16 nights going 2nd Dec in brochure for £1499 but we booked it christmas alot cheaper and got al-inc, it's in the brocure under Transatlantic Sunset.

Sounds a good deal to me mate:)

Never having cruised with Thomson yet, can anyone give their views on whether it gets boring on so many sea days? I believe it was six sea days out of Tenerife before the first port of call. Is there much to do, plenty of space, etc, etc? We are looking forward to cruising on the Dream next May/June in the Med but haven't thought any further than that just yet. By the time November arrives next year, we shall be wanting something to look forward to and just wondered what other folk thought about so many days at sea.

16 days at sea hmmm .............. when you come back could you let me know how you managed to do any laundry ? If it has to be done by the staff could you let me know how much it costs ? Also hearing that no irons allowed in the cabins, could you let me know if that's true too ?

We doing the atlantic crossing in April ( going the other way to you ) and getting worried about laundry as no on board facilities.

Thanks. Oh and enjoy !!!

No self service laundry on the Dream which is one of the downsides to the ship..They do offer a laundry service but can`t confirm the prices.Irons are not permitted in cabins although we did have one(unused)as we did a weeks stay prior to our cruise and wasn`t wanting the wife to lose her touch ;)

Hello we are going on this cruise did the same one two years ago it was on the destiny then. We sailed from Lisbon first stopover was maderia then on wards to the carribean . The six day journey over was great the sea was quite calm all the way and the weather got warmer every day . The entertainment was variable and as a whole quite good . There was some very interesting speakers and also some plays by the entertainment staff during the day . Of course the night time entertainment was first class . Also during the day there were always games ect going on and always some cabaret on in the bars during the day and all evening right through till the disco until two o'clock if it took your fancy. And of course you can always sunbathe during the day and enjoy the entertainment that goes in around the pool, the entertainment staff in fact all the staff work very hard so you can enjoy the best of your holiday. You will not meet a better group of staff anywhere from the cabin person to the captain everyone one of them will always have time to have a chat with you if you meet them. I was on the dream in June and it is a fantastic ship don't know if the entertainment will be the same on this crossing as was on the destiny but I would imagine it would be very similar . So if it is there will be two formalish nights I say formalish I know it's not a word :) because you can either dress up in you dinner suite and evening gowns or go a bit more casual but smart. There is the captains night and also the masquerade ball . Now if the ball is on you can go to classes which are free and make you own masks we did this and although I thought I am not doing that and was dragged kicking and screaming by my wife it was actually ok . Took up an afternoon and actually quite good. I made a nice masculine mask :) in fact I am going to boast here they have a competition were they choose couples to go on stage with there masks and the captain picks a winner well we were picked and guess what . We never won lol , but it was all good fun . Basically what I am trying to say is don't worry about the six days at sea if you get into the swing of everything and join in there is plenty to keep you entertained . Hope this helps

Archived