Pride Dining Times - Advice Please

We will be cruising with two other families consisting of 5 adults and 7 children on the Pride in August. The kids range in age from 6 to 13 years old. We are currently set for the late dining. I was wondering if we should consider the Anytime Dining or even the early dining???? Based on the group size and ages I would be interested to hear any ideas or advice on what you think is the best approach for dining times.

Thanks,

We will be cruising with two other families consisting of 5 adults and 7 children on the Pride in August. The kids range in age from 6 to 13 years old. We are currently set for the late dining. I was wondering if we should consider the Anytime Dining or even the early dining???? Based on the group size and ages I would be interested to hear any ideas or advice on what you think is the best approach for dining times.

Thanks,

If you stay with assigned dining, I think the largest table is for 10. They could always put you at 2 tables for 6 right next to each other. With anytime dining, it's kinda like going to any restaurant. They give you a buzzer that will go off when your table is ready. With that large of a group, it may take awhile to get some tables empty that are next to each other so you may have to wait for a little bit.

This late in the game (less than 3 months til cruise), anytime dining and/or early might already be wait-listed.

If y'all intend to eat together you really need to stick with an assigned dining time... early or late... makes little difference.

Should you attempt Your Time Dining you won't be seated together. Tables or eight are rare and there simply are none of 12 or 14.

:)

With your kids I would take early seating.

Camps are closed from 5- 7pm each night and activities are happening starting at 7.

Taking late seating the kids miss out on a lot of programs and have a lot of down time. (especially with the 13 year old)

With your group- taking anytime dining there will not be many tables available for seating together.

With your kids I would take early seating.

Camps are closed from 5- 7pm each night and activities are happening starting at 7.

Taking late seating the kids miss out on a lot of programs and have a lot of down time. (especially with the 13 year old)

With your group- taking anytime dining there will not be many tables available for seating together.

Wouldnt this give the chance to take the kids to the lido early and then take them to the activity to free yourself from always having to take kids to a formal dining atmposphere? I was thinking that on the nights that my kids werent interested in the activities, these could be their formal dining experiences. Then on the nights that they wanted to go to Camp, either take them to lido first to eat ( or let them eat the kids only meal at the Camp Carnival) and then have them to their acitivity for 7, go back to my cabin and get ready for dinner at 8:15 and get kids after dinner. Idk, I think this makes a much less stressful dinner situation instead of always forcing the kids to eat in a formal atmosphere, but thats just me. I know somewhere along the line Im going to hear, " I dont want to go dinner, I want to go hang out with so-and-so at Camp Carnival" I wont have to say no and thats what Im after.

Wouldnt this give the chance to take the kids to the lido early and then take them to the activity to free yourself from always having to take kids to a formal dining atmposphere? I was thinking that on the nights that my kids werent interested in the activities, these could be their formal dining experiences. Then on the nights that they wanted to go to Camp, either take them to lido first to eat ( or let them eat the kids only meal at the Camp Carnival) and then have them to their acitivity for 7, go back to my cabin and get ready for dinner at 8:15 and get kids after dinner. Idk, I think this makes a much less stressful dinner situation instead of always forcing the kids to eat in a formal atmosphere, but thats just me. I know somewhere along the line Im going to hear, " I dont want to go dinner, I want to go hang out with so-and-so at Camp Carnival" I wont have to say no and thats what Im after.

on our first cruise dinner as a family was mandatory- it was the only time when we were on the ship that we saw then kids-other then sleeping.

If the kids know your expectations ahead of time it makes it easier.

The kids had an excellent time each night. We did not find it stressful at all

We would also order one thing that we have never tried and tasted and passed it around. Found things we woulda never thought to try in our "real" life.

We also tried late dining but eating that food so late at night trying to sleep was hard. Dinner for our group was getting done by 10- in time for the show- its now 11pm.

You said what if the kids say they want to go hang with X instead of dinner-- MOST kids are at early dining.

You have to see what works for you and yours.

Archived