Onboard Credit. Help!!!

audrey248

Hi there, could anybody tell me how the onboard credit works. We dont ue credit cards so was wandering if its possible to use cash. We have only been on one cruise before and on that we were given a card which we could top up by handing cash over and topping up as & when. Is it the same with Disney? Thanx in.:)

If you received and onboard credit with your reservation you can use this to purchase anything on the ship. :D

Also, you do not use cash to pay on the ship - you use your cabin card to charge everything. If you are trying to montir your spending just keep track of the receipts. You will get a bill before departure showing all your charges and you can pay for these with cash or credit card at guest services. I am sure you could check with guest services daily to pay or you can prepay at the beginning of the cruise and make your own "onboard credit".

We always go to Guest Relations and put $500 cash into our OBC account to use for souveniers, drinks, and excusions on the first day of the cruise. Just check in every couple days to see where you are at with the totals.

Thanx for that. yes we are planning on putting so much money on our onboard account at the start of the cruise and then topping up as & when needed. We sail on sat 28th this month so we are just deciding on how much to put on. U say you put $500 on at the start, we were thinking of doing the same but are unsure on how long this will last, we are not big drinkers as we have our 2 small sons with us. Do u have any idea of alcoholic drink prices such as lager. Thanx again.x:)

I believe lager is about $4-$6 for 12 oz (before the required 15% tip). On a recent trip there was an option of buying a 16 oz (pint) mug for about $14 and for the rest of the cruise you could get a 16 oz serving (refill) of draft beer/lager for the price of a 12 oz serving.

If you are paying by giving cash when boarding, remember to prepay enough to cover not only drinks and ship purchases, remember to pay for excursions you plan to take. Otherwise, you may lose your spot if it is a popular one.

We're not big drinkers either, the main this was having money in the account for excursions and souveniers in the shops. We also paid our tips out of the account at the end of the cruise, just had them charge against the OBC account and printed tip "tickets" out for us that we put in the envelopes.

If you are paying by giving cash when boarding, remember to prepay enough to cover not only drinks and ship purchases, remember to pay for excursions you plan to take. Otherwise, you may lose your spot if it is a popular one.

Great tip about the excursions since they are billed once you board.

The tips may also be charged nightly instead of all one time at the end of the cruise - (I know princess does it this way ~ not sure about Disney...still trying to find out) but if it is charged nightly, that will eat into your cash early on as well.

Great tip about the excursions since they are billed once you board.

The tips may also be charged nightly instead of all one time at the end of the cruise - (I know princess does it this way ~ not sure about Disney...still trying to find out) but if it is charged nightly, that will eat into your cash early on as well.

DCL is not normally daily for the standard tips, you can instruct them to:-

Charge at guest services any day.

Normally they will put the charge slip on your bed just before the end of the cruise and will charge on your instruction.

You can pre pay tips with DCL direct or via TA if used.

DCL is not normally daily for the standard tips, you can instruct them to:-

Charge at guest services any day.

Normally they will put the charge slip on your bed just before the end of the cruise and will charge on your instruction.

You can pre pay tips with DCL direct or via TA if used.

Appreciate the info.:) I wasn't sure as I had only done one Disney cruise in 2006 and couldn't remember but was on Princess last year.

This helps me to for budgeting! I had put aside the cash so I would be ready in either case. At least I know it won't show up on my bill when I check mid cruise:D

Archived