Disembark and Carnival

jmps

Out last few cruises have been on Holland and we have really liked the "silent" disembark they do. You can wait in your cabin or anywhere else and when your assigned time comes you just get off. It has been very painless. We also love the full breakfast room service that morning.

We will be sailing on Carnival for the first time. Our next cruise in on on the Legend out of Tampa. From reading here it sounds like you go to an assigned area and wait there like we have seen on RCI. What time should we expect to have to leave our cabin and how long would be wait in a holding area? We have a 3:00 flight but would probably enjoy going to the aquarium.

Thanks.

Sadly, Carnival doesn't offer hot breakfast via room service. It's basically just Continental. I think, but don't quote me, that they like you to be out of the room by 9-ish. On one of my cruises we had a crazy late zone number. We stayed in the cabin til almost 9:30 before we left. And no one had come in trying to shoo us out.

There's not really "assigned" waiting aread on debark day. People just flood any open public spaces and set up camp til their zone is called.

On a brighter note, Legend is a beautiful and easy to navigate ship. Hope you enjoy it!!!:)

Thanks for the info and kind wishes. We are looking forward to the Legend very much. I love to see the reviews. We did this itinerary on the Ryndam this January. It will be interesting to compare the two experiences this coming January.

Out last few cruises have been on Holland and we have really liked the "silent" disembark they do. You can wait in your cabin or anywhere else and when your assigned time comes you just get off. It has been very painless. We also love the full breakfast room service that morning.

We will be sailing on Carnival for the first time. Our next cruise in on on the Legend out of Tampa. From reading here it sounds like you go to an assigned area and wait there like we have seen on RCI. What time should we expect to have to leave our cabin and how long would be wait in a holding area? We have a 3:00 flight but would probably enjoy going to the aquarium.

Thanks.

You are expected to clear your cabin by about 9 AM and there are areas that your directed to for the sequence to debark. You'll be off the ship by 10:30 AM.

Should you elect to visit the aquarium (I enjoyed it...) there's an office in the cruise terminal where they'll hold you bags for about $5.

IMG_1052.jpg

:)

My mother and I had quite a laugh on the Inspiration..

we finished all our packing, put our bags on the floor and headed up to Lido for breakfast ( it was quite early..around 7:00)...

when we got back, our separate twins were now a queen and set up for the next passengers..with our stuff still in the cabin!!

Archived