Fairfield Inn, Dania Beach?

Who knew?

Looking for some recent input about the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Dania Beach. Specifically, the parking security, and the shuttle back from the port to the hotel? (I realize there's a charge for the shuttle.)

I saw lots of reviews on Tripadvisor, most of them good. But one person said their car was stolen (yikes!), and another's car was damaged in the lot. Also some people had problems with the return shuttle service.

Thanks for any comments anyone might have.

Linda

But one person said their car was stolen (yikes!), and another's car was damaged in the lot. Also some people had problems with the return shuttle service.

Thanks for any comments anyone might have.

Linda

Statistically speaking, this is not a high crime area. It is, however, a hotel where it is obvious that cruisers stay there often (I see many people walking from this hotel to area restaurants, and there is not a single doubt in my mind that they are cruisers). So, it is not a stretch to think that opportunistic thieves might "case the parking lot" in search of vehicles that have not moved in a week. But, if this does happen at this location, I'll bet it is the exception and not the rule. Such a scenario can happen where ever cars a left for extended periods. As this is a small (but new) hotel, one can guess as to what security there is besides locking doors.

Whats the charge for transportation. The reason I ask is I still have yet to decide what I am going to do about park and stay. Does this hotel have 24 Hour front desk because I won't arrive into Ft. Lauderdale area until about 2 in the morning. Do I need to purchase a special package to leave my car there for 8 days?

Any and all suggestions will help. thank you

andrew

Whats the charge for transportation. The reason I ask is I still have yet to decide what I am going to do about park and stay. Does this hotel have 24 Hour front desk because I won't arrive into Ft. Lauderdale area until about 2 in the morning. Do I need to purchase a special package to leave my car there for 8 days?

There's no charge for airport transportation. The shuttle to the port is $8, and back from the port is $10. But the airport shuttle doesn't run between 2 and 4 am, which sounds like a problem for you.

No special package -- it says you just register your car at the desk when you get there.

There are others in the same price range that could work for you especially since you only need 8 days. Go to www.parksleepfly.com and put in your information. Make sure you check the button for "hotel and parking" and put in the location (FLL) and your dates. You'll get a list of hotels. Each has details about rates for your date(s), how long you can park, the cost for extra days, airport shuttle schedules, etc.

Hope this helps -- Linda

There's no charge for airport transportation. The shuttle to the port is $8, and back from the port is $10. But the airport shuttle doesn't run between 2 and 4 am, which sounds like a problem for you.

No special package -- it says you just register your car at the desk when you get there.

There are others in the same price range that could work for you especially since you only need 8 days. Go to www.parksleepfly.com and put in your information. Make sure you check the button for "hotel and parking" and put in the location (FLL) and your dates. You'll get a list of hotels. Each has details about rates for your date(s), how long you can park, the cost for extra days, airport shuttle schedules, etc.

Hope this helps -- Linda

Linda

thank you so much for your help. I am pulling my hair out these last few weeks as I get down to the wire on looking for a hotel.

Thanks again

Andrew

Archived