Upsell cost of suite

When the upsell call comes and you are offered a suite, what do you consider a fair price to pay? Also, would you upgrade if the price was right or would you rather stay with the room you have booked? Just wondering in case we get an upsell call. Thanks for the opinions.

Depends on a lot of things.

Like...what category did you originally purchase, time of year, ports, number of pax in cabin, etc.

I got an upsale call once. I was already in a balcony. An 8B, I believe. It was in Sept. They wanted another $1000 for the GS. I passed.

I always book an 8B or higher now. I wouldn't upgrade unless the price was sweet...and I mean really sweet. They'd have to come way down from $1000 for me to even consider it.

No problem for Carnival. They'll find someone to take it and we'll both be happy.l

Depends on a lot of things.

Like...what category did you originally purchase, time of year, ports, number of pax in cabin, etc.

I got an upsale call once. I was already in a balcony. An 8B, I believe. It was in Sept. They wanted another $1000 for the GS. I passed.

I always book an 8B or higher now. I wouldn't upgrade unless the price was sweet...and I mean really sweet. They'd have to come way down from $1000 for me to even consider it.

No problem for Carnival. They'll find someone to take it and we'll both be happy.l

Thanks. That is alot of money to upgrade! I didnt know how much they would offer it for. Guess I wont plan on a suite any time soon.

When the upsell call comes and you are offered a suite, what do you consider a fair price to pay? Also, would you upgrade if the price was right or would you rather stay with the room you have booked? Just wondering in case we get an upsell call. Thanks for the opinions.

What category cabin are you currently in? I'd pay more to upgrade from an inside to a suite than I would from a balcony cabin to a suite.

Having said that, I've never gotten an upsell call or an upgrade so I suspect it's the exception not the rule.

Best of luck.

:)

Well, there's allot of personal choice in that equation. Recently, we had booked a balcony and gotten an upsell call into a suite, which we have had before. It was for about $400 total. We didn't take it, some would/did I'm sure. I checked online and the current balcony price at the time +$200 pp was only about $50 less than the current Suite price at the time, so I don't call that a great deal.

Unless the price was really good, I won't upsell from a nice balcony room to a suite again. We did that once, and it was fine, but the suites are not that sweet. ;) You have a little more room (not that much), a regular size bathtub with jacuzzi (not that great), and VIP embarkation (not a big deal to us). I have found the upsell price is typically not a very good deal at all. But you might want to try it once, like we did, and see what you think. We will stay in our nice balcony rooms...

Unless the price was really good, I won't upsell from a nice balcony room to a suite again. We did that once, and it was fine, but the suites are not that sweet. ;) You have a little more room (not that much), a regular size bathtub with jacuzzi (not that great), and VIP embarkation (not a big deal to us). I have found the upsell price is typically not a very good deal at all. But you might want to try it once, like we did, and see what you think. We will stay in our nice balcony rooms...

For sure. If it's a GS, that's one thing. But a 'regular' suite isn't terribly larger than the Balcony. And I can count on one hand how many times I have ever used that whirlpool tub:rolleyes:

We got the call once and I took it. We where in a extended balcony room deck 9 I think and got the call for all 4 off us to upgrade to the suite for $400. There where 4 of us and a 5 day sailing on Spirit. Was it a great deal? IDK but it was good enough for me to snag it. I had never been in anything better than a OV room.

As far as the extra room goes... I felt it was a huge difference than our normal inside room. The 4 of us never felt cramped. I had not kid sleeping over my head. I think the lay-out could of been better the dressing room to me was a huge waste of space.

We loved the balcony and I can't compare the size as I have never had another balcony but we all 4 could be out there w/o being on top of each other!

But it's a personal choice. All depends what your needs are in your room. I dont know that I will ever pay full price for a suite but if I get another call one day I just might bite again.

Archived