Transatlantic cruises

DH and I are thinking about taking a transatlantic cruise next year with our adult sons (18 and 21) and parents to celebrate our 25th anniversary and my parents 50th anniversary. We picked Liberty of the Seas because of the Flowrider which both of my sons have enjoyed a great deal of time on.

Has anyone ever done a transatlantic on one of the freedom class ships? Are the flowriders functioning during the crossing of the Atlantic?

Nancy

DH and I are thinking about taking a transatlantic cruise next year with our adult sons (18 and 21) and parents to celebrate our 25th anniversary and my parents 50th anniversary. We picked Liberty of the Seas because of the Flowrider which both of my sons have enjoyed a great deal of time on.

Has anyone ever done a transatlantic on one of the freedom class ships? Are the flowriders functioning during the crossing of the Atlantic?

Nancy

Unless you encounter bad weather or exceptionally high winds or rough seas that cause them to bar passengers from the outside decks, there should be no reason that the flowriders won't be operating during the crossing. Our TAs have pretty much been limited to Radiance class or size ships and have enjoyed each one tremendously, but Freedom class ships should also provide a great cruise experience. Enjoy!:)

Nancy

We did an Eastbound TA from Ft. Lauderdale to Southampton on Independence in 2009. The Flowrider was functioning [and seemed to be well used] most of the crossing. It MAY [don't know for sure] have closed a day or two after we headed North from Spain to England. We had a slightly rainy sea day in there.

It may be cool. I remember people wearing short or long wet suits on the flow rider on an TA on Independence. Lines were much shorter than on many cruises, probaly due to cooler temps and older average age.

Archived