Clothing question...

toothgirl

:confused: Oh help!!! I'll be on the Sun Princess in 3 days and I just started to pack. Here the teperature outside my window is -10*C and lots of snow, so while stacking sundresses into my suitcase I started to panic...

Could anyone from a recent carribbean cruise tell me how the weather was? Is it warm enough for just skirts and sundresses, or do I need long pants and sweaters as well? All advice is very welcome!!! Thanks!

Kristin:rolleyes:

Yes I know the feeling. Three cruises ago I took my heavy coat with me. Big mistake. Had to carry it around Ft Lauderdale. No place to store it. Two cruises ago I said no matter how cold it is I am not bringing my heavy coat. At least it wasn't too cold in Delaware that day.

I always go to weather.com, type in your destinations and look at their 10 day forecast. It'll give you a pretty good idea of the type of weather you'll be expecting. Have fun! Wish I was packing right now......... :)

:confused: Oh help!!! I'll be on the Sun Princess in 3 days and I just started to pack. Here the teperature outside my window is -10*C and lots of snow, so while stacking sundresses into my suitcase I started to panic...

Could anyone from a recent carribbean cruise tell me how the weather was? Is it warm enough for just skirts and sundresses, or do I need long pants and sweaters as well? All advice is very welcome!!! Thanks!

Kristin:rolleyes:

I know it's tough but leave all those heavy coats back home...you won't need them!It'll be plenty warm...

I always pack a light sweater, or two, for the cruise anyway since it can be cool in the air-conditioned areas around the ship. So, coming from a cold climate, I wear the sweater and a rain jacket. It's all about layers. When I check in my luggage, I stick the rain jacket in an outside pocket. And when I get to the warm climate, I tuck the sweater in there too. Coming home, I reverse the process.

You won't need a coat... but it can be a bit of a weather shock when you get home after being warm for a week, or more.

It is definitley WARM here in FL and will be warmer the further South you get....ditch the heavy coat if you can...for evening though I always have a sweater ot suit jacket type thingy for the dining room and the theatre..sometimes the ships' air conditioning gets quite cool! If you get too much sun during the day the sleeveless dress in the evening will feel too cool also...

Don't forget sunscreen..the breeze and sunshine will fool you!

Have a good trip!

Like Pam said, pack a light sweater. When we left Ft. Lauderdale it was a little breezy out on deck for sailaway and it sure came in handy. I think the rest of the time you will be just fine in sundresses, shorts, bathing suits, etc. Enjoy your cruise.

Marilyn

Archived