QE - Port Questions

Cherrytrees

Hi Guys

We are travelling on the QE on the 2nd August - can you please tell me if Cunard lay on a courtesy bus into Rome and Florence? Your answers would be much appreciated

Regards

Cunard don't provide any shuttles at all. If they are provided it is by the local town. In Livorno there are tours to Florence or you canmake your own way, similarly in Civitavecchia there are tours to Rome or you can get the train yourself, only takes about an hour each way and cost about 10 euros including the subway in Rome. Tours are about USD 90 for each person.

We chose not to go into Rome, as we had just done that the year before on another cruise. Instead, a block from the port we took a bus to Tarquinia, an old walled city with a wonderful Etruscan museum. A mile out of town (walked there, took a city bus back to town), were wonderful Etruscan burial "caves". There were 13 of them open, hardly anyone there. I walked down each staircase, turned the light on, and sat on the top step mesmerized by the 4th to 7th century BC frescoes.

It takes being independent, but it was a very wow day for me.

Hi Guys

We are travelling on the QE on the 2nd August - can you please tell me if Cunard lay on a courtesy bus into Rome and Florence? Your answers would be much appreciated

Regards

For both Florence and Rome Cunard will have excursions called "Florence On Your Own" which essentially is a round trip shuttle service that costs approx $60 per person. This will give you four or five hours to spend in Florence.

There will be a similar excursion to Rome.

Jonathan

Archived