Which stingray city tour has boats with easy steps?

zachnlucy

Moby Dick tours - nice boat, great service and cheaper than the cruiseline tour. Good luck! :)

Unless they've recently changed the boat, the dual water entry/exit ladders on Moby Dick are not what I would call "easy entry".

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=15768408&postcount=5

I guess it's subjective. See the photo in link above.

My friend and I are going in December. We're both overweight and would like to find a tour with easy to navigate stairs to get in the water, and back into the boat. Any ideas? Thanks.

Cindy:

I'm a big girl and had the same worry. We went with Capt Mark aboard the Far Tortuga - a 43' catamaran. The stairs lower between the twin hulls. They're nice and wide with handrails on both sides. They're also sturdy. I had absolutely NO problems and worried for nothing.

He only takes a maximum of 29 passengers so you have lots of room to manuever around the boat as well. www.stingraysailing.com.

~ Sheryl

Unless they've recently changed the boat, the dual water entry/exit ladders on Moby Dick are not what I would call "easy entry".

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=15768408&postcount=5

I guess it's subjective. See the photo in link above.

I think i'm a litle confused. Based on that photo, they look like extremely easy stairs to climb. At an angle, wide, railings going all the way down. I'm really overweight (so is my sister who is going on the cruise with us) and this is a concern of mine as well. I keep vascillating between Moby Dick, Nativeway and Stingray Sailing. I don't care which one, as long as they aren't going to put a hip out or break on me when i climb them.

Used Captain Bryan's a few years ago. Wanted a boat that was easy to get in and out of because my parents needed easy access in and out. LOVED Captain Bryan's - easy to get to their place after you get off the ship too!! Here is a website where you can see his boats and look at his excursions! http://www.captainbryans.com/stingraycity-boats.html

Archived